Sr HR Business Partner
Company: Farmer's Business Network, Inc.
Location: San Carlos
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Are you looking for an innovative data analytics and agriculture
company with tremendous career growth potential? Join Farmer's
Business Network, Inc. as an HR Business Partner! COMPANY OVERVIEW
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley
innovation and technology with the value driven mission of Family
Farmers around the world? FBN--- was created by farmers for farmers
and is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers
around the world by leveling the playing field through insights,
commerce and community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart
business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for
generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic
viability and sustainability of family farms and rural communities.
We are a dynamic, and innovative AgTech company that offers
competitive compensation and benefits and is backed by top
investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners,
T Rowe Price and Temasek. JOB OVERVIEW FBN is rapidly expanding and
we are excited to add a Senior Human Resources Manager & Business
Partner to our growing HR team. A successful candidate will be
hard-working, highly ethical, and able to think and act both
strategically and independently. This position operates in a
fast-paced environment and must be able to support FBN team members
through effective communication and a solution focused approach.
This is a people-facing role where timely and accurate
communications with employees is a must. Your role interfaces with
employees beginning at offer acceptance and through all subsequent
stages. You are joining a growing team and you will have the
opportunity to help build programs and processes from the ground
up. RESPONSIBILITIES: HR Business Partner This individual will
serve as the main point of contact for our Crop Marketing and
Financial Services CMFS and the G&A teams within FBN. As acting
subject matter expert for all HR matters in Australia, Canada and
the US, responsibilities will include (but not limited to) the
- Oversee FBN Global CMFS and G&A human resources policies,
procedures, laws, standards, or regulations across all
- Maintain and update human resources documents, such as
organizational charts, employee handbooks or directories, or
performance evaluation forms.
- Confer with management to develop or implement personnel
policies or procedures.
- Advise management on organizing, preparing, or implementing HR,
recruiting or retention programs.
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws.
- Administer company training programs, including for regulated
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events such
as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using
human resources management system software.
- Provide management with information or training related to
interviewing, performance appraisals, counseling techniques, or
documentation of performance issues.
- Address employee relations issues, such as harassment
allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns.
- Analyze employment-related data and prepare required
- Conduct exit interviews and ensure that necessary employment
termination paperwork is completed.
- Assist the Payroll and Benefits Administration team as needed
Mergers & Acquisitions This individual will also be heavily
involved in supporting all HR-related activities for potential
acquisitions and post acquisition integration. Key responsibilities
- Participate in early evaluations during due diligence for
M&A activities to understand the strategic objectives and
provide the early voice on integration planning, risks, and
challenges as it relates to HR.--
- Work closely with Corporate Development, Legal, and Business
Leaders to incorporate the integration approach, operational
structure, and key milestones/metrics for each acquisition.
- Support all M&A activities f(due diligence to integration)
from an HR perspective (including benefits, retirement,
compensation, equity, etc).--
- Working with key stakeholders across HR and payroll to drive
the M&A process
- Represent the company in discussions and negotiations with
target companies and client bodies - including vendors, potential
partners and stakeholders.
- Work to develop a clear strategy around the
- Driving the integration from an HR perspective
- Oversee key projects for HR which have an impact on workforce
related to M&A activity. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 8+ years of HR experience preferably within a high growth
- Extensive experience with the due diligence process in regards
- Experience with both United States and Canadian HR policies is
- Proficiency in needs assessment and development of relevant
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills, and possess a
strong ability to educate, influence, and persuade.
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and
- Ability to travel up to 30% to Canada and/or other locations
across the United States COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS Compensation and
title for this position may be adjusted to suit your experience and
qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that
includes health, vision, and dental insurance. Farmer's Business
Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration's E-Verify program.
Keywords: Farmer's Business Network, Inc., San Francisco , Sr HR Business Partner, Human Resources , San Carlos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!