Company: Human Rights Campaign
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: August 17, 2019
The Human Rights Campaign represents a force of more than 3 million
members and supporters nationwide. As the largest national lesbian,
gay, bisexual, transgender and queer civil rights organization, HRC
envisions a world where LGBTQ people are ensured of their basic
equal rights, and can be open, honest and safe at home, at work and
in the community.
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary
people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes
everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Assistant Manager of the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Store (a
full time position) and reports directly to the General Manager.
This position helps in the overall daily operations of the store,
is responsible for closing and opening the store, and is
responsible for meeting monthly goals.
- Open and close of the store between scheduled hours of
- Meet budgeted revenue and performance goals;
- Ensure that at least 50% of all transactions include the
customer s name and at least one method of contact;
- Meet traffic count targets & ensure that 30% of visitors make a
contribution or purchase;
- Meet contributed income goal of 10% of store revenue;
- Ongoing training of staff to maintain an average sale of no
less than $40;
- Manage quarterly inventory - with an annual variance of less
- Maintain physical appearance, upkeep and cleaning of the
- Promote an environment of political action and excellent
- Other duties as assigned.
The Assistant Manager works with the General Manager to:
- Balance objectives of meeting/exceeding budgeted contributed
and earned income goals with HRC political, program and membership
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select
- Hire, train and supervise staff within budgeted payroll
- In-store marketing and cross-promotion of all local HRC
sponsored events (in coordination with headquarters program
- Merchandise sales floor for maximum visual impact and financial
- Work as backup to work with human resources, information
technology, and payroll departments to onboard new Sales
- Must have a minimum of 1 year supervisory experience, in
addition to at least two years of experience working in retail or
- Knowledge of product merchandising
- Must be motivated, outgoing, a self-starter, a multi tasker and
possesses superior leadership & communication skills
- Must have experience in retail point-of-sale systems is
preferred, and experience in computer programs including
- Microsoft programs, spreadsheets and Google Apps (Gmail, Google
Docs and Drive)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of personnel
- Results-oriented and creative
- Excellent customer care skills
- Requires 25 llb or less heavy lifting, climbing; ascending or
descending ladders and standing; particularly for sustained periods
- Flexibility with work schedule; ability to occasionally travel
- Personal interest in and commitment to LGBTQ equality
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a
regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business
travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor
Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the volume of applications
we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application
status. Click to APPLY BELOW!
Keywords: Human Rights Campaign, San Francisco , Assistant Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!