SCA Waiter-Waitress Non-Tipped
Company: Sodexo USA
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Catering service staff will be executing onsite events ranging from buffets to plated meals. This position is part time based on event needs to include some evening events. #CB
The Waiter/Waitress serves food and beverages to patrons at counters and tables in coffee shops, lunchrooms, and other dining establishments. This worker presents menus to customers, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food and service. Duties include: memorizing or writing order on check, relaying order to kitchen and serving food and beverages from kitchen and service bars. The Waiter/Waitress observes guests to fulfill any additional requests and to perceive when meal has been completed, totals bill and accepts payment or refers patron to Cashier. The Waiter/Waitress may ladle soup, toss salads, portion pies and desserts, brew coffee, perform other services as determined by establishment's size and practices, and may clear and reset counters or tables at conclusion of each course or meal.
* Greets and seats customers.
* Presents customers with menus.
* Makes appropriate food and beverage suggestions and answers questions regarding food preparation.
* Writes a food check and/or memorizes the order.
* Relays the order to the kitchen.
* Serves food to customers at a limited number of tables, using proper rules of etiquette.
* May be asked to respond to complaints regarding food or service.
* May total bills.
* Accepts payment, refers customers to the cashier, or operates the cash register.
* Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment and assists in clearing and resetting tables.
* Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
* Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
* Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
* Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
* Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
* Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as assigned.
* May perform and receive applicable compensation per SCA regulations for other job duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
* Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
* Maturity of judgment and behavior.
* Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
* Maintains a positive attitude.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
* Must comply with any dress code requirements.
* Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
* High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
* 0 to 1 year related experience.
* Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
* Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
* Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
* Maintains a professional relationship with all co-workers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
* Ability to use a computer.
* Ability to listen carefully to customers' orders, explain food and beverage items and make recommendations.
* Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
* Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
* Significant walking or other means of mobility.
* Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
* Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
* Generally, worked is performed in an indoor setting; however, may also perform work in an outside setting.
* Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during outside service.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
* Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Keywords: Sodexo USA, San Francisco , SCA Waiter-Waitress Non-Tipped, Hospitality & Tourism , San Francisco, California
here to apply!