Food and Beverage Manager
Company: Sir Francis Drake Hotel
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionOpportunity Summary:Beacon Grand has been a San
Francisco icon and social beacon since its 1928 debut. The hotel is
poised to reclaim its once and future legendary status when it
reopens early 2022. Join a handpicked management team of
hospitality history makers and play a key role in this historic
transformation and re-opening.Job Summary:The Food and Beverage
Manager is responsible for coordinating, supervisor and directing
the property food and beverage operation, while maintaining a
profitable F&B department with high-quality products and
service levels. The F&B Manager is expected to market ideas to
promote business; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet
budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high.Main
- Maintain standards of food and beverage quality and guest
- Achieve budgeted revenues and expenses and maximize
profitability related to the food and beverage department and
participate in the preparation of the annual hotel budget.
- Assist in preparing local and national sales/marketing programs
for food and beverage.
- Develop short-term and long-term financial and operational
plans for the food and beverage department which support the
overall objectives of the hotel.
- Maintain inventory control procedures.
- Increase the level of guest satisfaction by delivery of an
improved product through employee development, job-specific
training, and quality of product.
- Manage in compliance with established company policies and
procedures and in compliance with local, state, and federal laws
- Maintain procedures for security of monies and maintains
procedures for credit control and handling of financial
- Receive departmental-related guest concerns and ensures
corrective action is taken.
- Guide and inspire exceptional team performance and mentor
managers, supervisors, and team members in the Food & Beverage
- Build team capability, knowledge, and resources to meet short-
and long-term business objectives
- Mentor, train, and coach team members, oversee new hires and
track team training
- Manage banquet and outlets operational coverage, workload, and
resource distribution within and across teams
- Oversee the efforts to ensure service standards are
consistently met and exceeded
- Enhance services and standards for the Food & Beverage
- Accountability for P&L in the Food & Beverage Division
- Anticipate future guest trends and align services offered in
the Food & Beverage Division
- Develop innovative solutions to enhance communication of guest
and service information
- Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health
department rules, and regulations, liquor laws, and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills to strive in a
- Excellent hands-on organizational skills and attention to
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when
- Proficient with POS Systems and reservation systems.
- Craftable / BirchStreet knowledge a plusEducation and
- Some College
- 3 - 5 years of Food & Beverage management experience
- Lifestyle / luxury hotel experience required, opening
experience a plus.
- CA / San Francisco experience preferred.Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to bend, push, pull, stand, walk, talk, or
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel
objects, or telephone
- Long hours sometimes required to include weekends and
- Medium work - exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objectsCompany Benefits:·
Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance· Paid Holidays· Paid Time Off·
Commuter assistance· 401(k) with company match· Life Insurance·
Paid Sick Leave· Employee Assistance Program· Employee Recognition·
Employee Referral Incentive programEOE: Northview Hotel Group is an
equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in
the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any
kind based on any characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Sir Francis Drake Hotel, San Francisco , Food and Beverage Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!