VP, Sr. Account Executive - Team Leader
Company: ABD Insurance & Financial Services
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Property & Casualty - Executive Risk Solutions Team / At ABD
we've built something special; an innovative company with a
fulfilling and award-winning culture based on the core tenets
of--Work,--Love--and--Play. Work:--ABD is a team of risk and reward
advisors who provide industry leading services and resources in
insurance, risk management, human resource management, employee
benefits and retirement programs to our clients, so they can focus
on building their success. At ABD, your ideas and actions matter.
You control your work, engage your intellect and are supported as
you grow your expertise.-- Love:--We love what we do. We thrive on
the opportunity to innovate and BE better. We are also committed to
spreading our passions evenly, so that every ABD employee has a
fulfilling life in addition to a rewarding career. At ABD, you are
part of a team that is in this together! Play:--We enjoy our
clients and colleagues. And we believe that balanced happiness
leads to shared success. We love a lasting laugh and try not to
miss out on a good time - whether it's a game, bowling, onsite
barbeque, or a spontaneous celebration of our team-mates. At ABD,
we share the fun of life and have fun at work. SUMMARY: This
position is responsible for the management, strategy, planning,
client engagement, and sales support of the Private Company ERS
Practice. The role will include working on large private venture
backed companies (unicorns), Private Equity, Cannabis, and
Financial Institutions. The position is in ABD's Executive Risk
Solutions team which specializes in Directors and Officers
Liability Insurance. The position will have direct client service
responsibilities and coordinate with Producers to address customer
needs, including technical counsel and carrier negotiations. FROM
THE TEAM: The Executive Risk Solutions team is dedicated to
excellence in everything that we do and we are committed to working
together as partners in delivering what our clients need and want.
We have a lot of fun together - both in the office and out. This
role is an excellent opportunity to be part of a team of D&O
experts and to be a key contributor to our team's growth and
success. We are looking for inquisitive, strategic, self-motivated,
organized, and fun people to join our team. Come play with us!
- This position is a salaried, exempt and full-time
- The position will report SVP, ERS National Practice
- Management responsibility for the Private Team Account
Executives. WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Responsible for the overall private company team with specific
expertise in Management Liability insurance lines of business,
including D&O, EPL, Fiduciary, and crime.
- Responsible for developing revenue growth and retention
forecasts and plans for ensuring the successful achievement of
- Collaborates with ERS Operations Manager to implement systems
and processes that support execution of private company strategy
- In partnership with ERS National Practice Leader and the Public
Company Team Leader, you will be responsible for fostering strong
carrier and wholesale partner relationships and supporting carrier
specific strategic initiatives.
- Works strategically to identify and implement opportunities to
partner with Producers and ABD consultants in other lines of
business for business development and growth.
- Responsible for managing a team of private company service
- Provides resources and assists with recruiting and hiring,
training and development, and performance management of the private
company Account Executives.
- Manages and coaches team members for delivery of service and
directs the delegation, allocation and lending of resources among
- Account Executive
- Responsible for managing assigned book of business in
accordance to established best practices.
- Manage client relationships and develops service strategy to
address client needs.
- In coordination with producers, you will cultivate
relationships with new customers and enhance relationships with
existing clients to drive new business opportunities, along with
create cross-selling opportunities by recommending other ABD
services and/or additional policies.
- Negotiate cutting edge coverage provisions and help clients
understand how such modifications impact their scope of
- Create professional materials to aid in client service,
including PowerPoint presentations and email summaries that are
concise, easy to understand and help clients with their decision
- Attend and lead client meetings.
- Perform coverage analysis of expiring or competitors'
placements to determine areas for improvement
- Keep abreast of changing market, coverage, and exposure
developments and their impact on clients as well as write blogs
and/or articles on such topics.
- Other tasks, duties or special projects as assigned. WHAT YOU
BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Excellent analytical skills and strategic thinker.
- Strong technical understanding of a broad range of management
liability insurance coverage in a diverse range of industries (e.g.
tech/biotech, PE/VC, FI, and unicorns.).
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new products and
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, sales, and
negotiation skills including presentation preparation and delivery,
to communicate with clients and ABD peers on complex coverage
issues, including senior-level client interfacing.
- Ability to review internal/external deliverables to ensure
- Professional composure and exceptional customer service skills,
diplomacy, professionalism, and tact.
- Ability to be resourceful, take initiative, solve problems, and
- Ability to multi-task efficiently in high volume environment
and to be flexible with ever-changing priorities and
- Must work well with others in a collaborative, fast-paced,
customer service-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication between clients and colleagues.
- Skilled at proactively anticipating and addressing issues and
- Advanced at strategic project planning including exceptional
time management skills.
- Ability to forge relationships and build trust.
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Office such as PowerPoint, Word
and Excel and other complex features. Able to learn and implement
other programs quickly and efficiently. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience (specifically with
negotiation, placement and presentation of private company D&O
and related management liability coverages) in a diverse range of
industries (e.g. tech/biotech, PE/VC, FI, REITS, unicorns, etc.)
and broad range of management liability coverages.
- Knowledge of D&O for publicly traded companies preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION:
- CA Department of Insurance Property & Casualty License.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires moderate to long periods of time sitting at a desk,
using computer monitor and keyboard, speaking on the phone,
- Requires short to moderate (intermittent) periods of time
standing or walking, often to and from meetings that require
- Requires occasional lifting of objects (mostly documents, lap
top equipment, etc.) that weigh fewer than 20 pounds. ABD is a team
of risk and reward advisors providing industry leading services and
resources in insurance, risk management, employee benefits and
retirement programs to our clients so they can focus on building
success. NOTE: The information on this description has been
designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed
by employees within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job.
Keywords: ABD Insurance & Financial Services, San Francisco , VP, Sr. Account Executive - Team Leader, Hospitality & Tourism , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!