Macy's Seasonal Barista Lead - Starbucks, Part Time: Union Square
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: November 24, 2020
Shopping is a great way to work up an appetite, and 's offers
exciting jobs and great opportunities in an area that's changing
the way people experience our stores. The secret to our success is
our mix of skilled, passionate culinary enthusiasts so whether you
want to join the prep team or manage one of our restaurants,
there's a great job waiting for you.
The Seasonal Lead Barista supports the Starbucks Manager in running
an efficient, professional, safe and profitable Starbucks operation
following all company standards. Perform other duties as
In order to present our customers with the best holiday shopping
experience, many of our Seasonal associates arrive prior to store
opening and remain after closing to ensure we are ready to make
Macy's magic. Seasonal associates will have the opportunity to work
a flexible schedule on a temporary basis, which may include early
mornings, evenings, weekends and busy events such as the day after
Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. And don't forget - just
in time for holiday shopping, you will receive an employee discount
of up to 20% starting your first day!
Any schedule hours listed in the job posting title are subject to
change based on business needs. All holiday associates may be
required to work hours other than those stated in the job posting
title on weekends, or on key holiday events such as the Friday
- Completes Starbucks Advance Store Training (AST)
Exemplifies Barista promise to produce and deliver handcrafted
beverages and food, demonstrating Starbucks service standards.
- Demonstrate current and working knowledge of drip coffee, cold
beverage, espresso bar, and pastry stations.
- Understands company health and safety best practices while
following Starbucks clean, safe and ready standards and
- Demonstrate a positive role model for Starbucks Service Steps
and Magic Selling providing an exceptional customer
- Upholds quality standards and actively coaches others to
deliver high-quality handcrafted coffee beverages and food
- Opens and/or closes area following appropriate checklist,
verifies completion with Manager on Duty prior to leaving the
- Maintains PAR stock levels and follows Starbucks merchandising,
signing and product presentation standards.
- Assist in preparation and production of all menu items.
- Coaches to achieve desired barista performance. Identify and
use additional resources to measure how your store is delivering
the customer experience, following Food Division standards and Best
- Role-model the Customer Service behaviors of Anticipate,
Connect, Personalize and Own with customers.
- Assist in accountability for sales, expenses and bottom-line
- Monitor food quality using Starbucks checklists.
- Builds strong working relationships with their team and
supervisor, willing to help other associates and contributes to a
fun and productive work environment.
- Provide on-going training, feedback, coaching, and staff
motivation to all associates to maximize team performance and
- Clean, calibrate and perform routine maintenance store's
equipment using the Store Cleanliness and Equipment Maintenance
- Utilize forecasts, daily sales reports and weekly food cost and
payroll reports to ensure monthly profit/loss goals are met.
- Assist in ordering food, beverage, dry and paper goods based
budget and needs of the business.
- Ensure that baristas are accurately receiving products and
following Best Practices.
- Assist with food inventories following Inventory Best Practices
to ensure they are taken on a timely and accurate basis to ensure
targeted food and beverage costs are maintained.
- Maintain role model standards in grooming, professional
appearance and communications.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- No specific educational accomplishment is necessary.
- One year of previous restaurant/hospitality and previous shift
supervisory experience is required.
- Health department license or certification and/or alcohol
certification as required by state or local requirement.
- A Food Handler's certificate may be required for food service
employees who prepare, store or serve food at restaurants, coffee
bars or any other food service establishment prior to starting
employment in a food operation at Macy's. Communication Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents
such as safety rules, reports, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred but not
required. Mathematical Skills:
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal
- Must be able to follow instructions. Physical Demands:
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing and
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and
focus adjustment. Other Skills:
- Strong leadership profile and must possess excellent customer
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced
- Has planning and organizational skills. Work Hours:
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours,
which may include day, evening, weekends and/or holidays based on
department/store/company needs. Working Conditions:
- This position is required to use potentially hazardous
equipment, such as coffee and espresso makers.
- Reasonable accommodations have been made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Work generally occurs in an office environment with moderate
temperature and noise level. This job overview is not all
inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend
this job overview at any time. Macy's is an Equal Opportunity
Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's, Inc. - including Macy's and Bloomingdale's - will consider
for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a
manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9
Keywords: Macy's, San Francisco , Macy's Seasonal Barista Lead - Starbucks, Part Time: Union Square, Hospitality & Tourism , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!