Posted on: October 13, 2019
Location: Pleasanton, CA, US
Expected Travel: Up to 10%
REQUISITION ID: 1522
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical
technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people s
lives. We apply purpose driven innovation a relentless pursuit of
identifying unmet clinical needs to benefit patients and healthcare
providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields
of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology,
surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology,
urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex
employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do
every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit
Interventional Urology NeoTract is dedicated to developing
innovative, minimally invasive and clinically effective devices
that address unmet needs in the field of urology. As part of the
Teleflex Interventional Urology business unit, NeoTract s initial
focus is on improving the standard of care for patients with benign
prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) using the UroLift System, a minimally
invasive, permanent implant system that treats symptoms while
preserving normal sexual function1. The FDA-cleared UroLift System
is clinically proven to treat lower urinary tract symptoms due to
BPH. The UroLift System lifts or holds the enlarged prostate tissue
out of the way so it no longer blocks the urethra. There is no
cutting, heating or removal of prostate tissue. More than 100,000
men worldwide have been treated with the UroLift System, which is
available in the U.S., Europe, Australia, Canada, Mexico and South
Korea. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare
providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a
difference in patients lives. 1 *No instances of new, sustained
erectile or ejaculatory dysfunction. McVary; Roehrborn, J Urology
2013 LIFT Study. POSITION SUMMARY
The Medical Writer is responsible for working with individuals in
Medical Affairs and Clinical Affairs to prepare, edit, and review
(1) original manuscripts for peer reviewed publication and (2)
abstracts and presentations for scientific conferences. Topics for
publication focus on interventional urology and may expand to
incorporate other Teleflex business units.
As an integral member of the Medical Affairs team, this position
will support the process of building and disseminating the
long-term publication plan for the company. Other activities may
include literature reviews to build annotated reference lists for
topics of importance to Medical Affairs, writing white papers,
reviewing scientific materials prepared by sales and marketing
teams, and providing scientific education through webinars and
other forums. This position requires demonstrated medical writing
skills, experience analyzing and interpreting scientific data
critically, and the ability to perform at high level in a
fast-paced, dynamic environment. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
* Prepare, edit, and review manuscripts, abstracts, podium
presentations, posters, and other publications for journals,
medical societies, and other data presentations. Manage and
facilitate the submission, publication, and associated processes.
Ensure all sponsored publications and scientific presentations meet
ethical publication guidelines (ICMJE, GPP3, AdvaMed).
* Work closely with the clinical data management team to prepare
summaries, tables and figures for manuscripts, abstracts and
diverse scientific presentations.
* Support execution and dissemination of long-term publication plan
with focus on increasing (1) the rate of peer reviewed manuscripts
accepted for publication and (2) the presence at scientific
* Conduct literature searches and clinical evidence mapping and
prepare literature reviews and article summaries for external and
internal stakeholders. Develop and maintain an accessible
repository for relevant company and competitive literature,
including journal articles, abstracts, and presentations as
* Partner with cross-functional teams to draft and revise clinical
protocols, reports, scientific literature reviews, and other
documents associated with submissions, product registrations, and
* Write white papers on scientific developments at NeoTract
* Contribute to post-market surveillance activities by staying
current with newly published scientific literature as well as
presentations occurring at scientific meetings within relevant
fields and topics.
* Partner with Marketing, Sales, and Professional Education to
provide support and responses to requests from commercial partners
and other interested parties.
* Develop and maintain relevant standard operating procedures
(SOPs) for publication development processes and tools. Ensure all
required documentation is in place for each project.
* As needed, attend local, national and international conferences
to stay current with advancements in the field and contribute to
the development of conference coverage reports for internal
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Contribute to the NeoTract culture of being collaborative,
respectful, transparent, ethical, efficient, high achieving, and
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* Advanced degree, such as a Ph.D., M.D. or PharmD, with at least 2
years of relevant experience; or Master s degree with at least 3
years of scientific writing experience; or Bachelor s degree with
at least 5 years of scientific writing experience.
* Experience writing sections of scientific, peer-reviewed papers
for medical products or systems.
* Experience preparing publications in the medical device,
bio-tech, or pharmaceutical industry preferred.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS / OTHER REQUIREMENTS
* Knowledge of clinical research methodology, tools, processes, and
* Ability to analyze, interpret, and summarize clinical data
* Proficient in Excel, Word, and Adobe software.
* Experience in literature identification and analysis.
* Strong knowledge of statistical methods.
* Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects
simultaneously and independently.
* Ability to develop and foster relationships with KOLs and key
* Ability to build and foster relationships with KOLs and key
* Highly motivated and capable of comprehending and communicating
large amounts of scientific content concisely.
* Advanced presentation and computer skills.
* Ability to travel up to 10%. Overnight travel may be
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity
employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to
age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require
accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at:
Teleflex is the home of Arrow , Deknatel , Hudson RCI , LMA ,
Pilling , R sch , UroLift and Weck trusted brands united by a
common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow,
Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, R sch, UroLift and Weck are
trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its
affiliates, in the U.S. and/
Keywords: Teleflex, San Francisco , Medical Writer, Healthcare , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!