RN, Donor Services
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Since 1941, Vitalant (formerlyknown as Blood Centers of the
Pacific) has proudly served as a leader in theblood banking
industry. We are a globally-recognized leader in bloodtransfusion
medicine.Working at Vitalant is more than a job, it is a chance to
bepart of something bigger than yourself. If you are inspired to
make an impactand are passionate about playing a vital role in our
dedicated team, then weencourage you to consider a career at
Vitalant.Our shared mission to save and improvethe lives of others
is our greatest strength. Every day, we empower others toact on
their urge to help. We are inspired by ordinary people
doingextraordinary things.Transfusion Medicine is also a great
career for the New NurseGraduate!
- We are looking for Registered Nurses to join our team located
in San Francisco, CA
- Work Schedule: Variable days and hours to include up to three
weekends a month.PRIMARY PURPOSE:Under direct supervision, this
position is responsible for performing all duties related to the
efficient, safe, and compliant collection of blood and blood
products. Works collaboratively as a member of the team and in
alignment with the values of the organization. Performs Apheresis
Red Cell Collection and/or Plasma Pheresis. Performs Platelet
Pheresis and/or Therapeutic Apheresis.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs
and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence
- Performs all duties related to the collection and handling of
blood and blood products (e.g., computerized medical screening,
phlebotomy, load, set-up, tear down, pack blood, advanced
eligibility calculations, and daily quality control).
- Communicates all pertinent information effectively and timely.
Brings issues to the attention of those in authority or leadership
positions, as necessary.
- Works as part of a team to achieve daily team production
- Assists and supports other team members, as required.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
- Drives the company vehicle, as required.
- Maintains complete and accurate records, including apheresis
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills in accordance with
current customer service standards to represent a positive image
for the company.
- Maintains and ensures equipment, vehicles, and facilities are
maintained and kept in good working order.
- Maintains proficiency and certification for all tasks required
- Trains other team members on additional duties/tasks, as
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as
- Associate's degree required.Licenses/ Certifications
- CA RN and driver's license required.Experience
- Six months previous work experience in a healthcare related
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform
all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written procedures and
- Must be able to work flexible shifts.
- Must have good customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an
active team member.
- Ability to travel, as
Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity
is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need
accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a
medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to or call
1- to let us know the nature of your request. A representative will
respond to accommodation requests within two business days. Please
note that this email/phone number is for medical/disability
accommodations only and any other inquiries will not receive a
response.Please see the below information about applicant rights
and our commitment to compliance: EEO is the Law EEO is the Law
Supplement Pay Transparency e-Verify All candidates who receive a
conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo
a pre-employment drug test in accordance with the Company's
established guidelines.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance, we willconsider for employment qualified applicants with
arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: Vitalant, San Francisco , RN, Donor Services, Healthcare , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!