Associate Director, Medical Affairs-Sleep - Palo Alto, CA
Company: Capital Markets Placement
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Employerceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Employerceuticals. Position Profile
The Associate Director of Medical Affairs (AD) will be responsible for supporting the execution of the Sleep Medical Affairs tactical plan including managing a number of Medical Affairs projects. The AD role will demand high levels of cross functional collaboration and customer orientation to ensure that Medical Affairs plans and materials are current and meet high strategic, regulatory, and scientific standards. Job Responsibilities:
- Provide clinical and medical guidance while working closely on joint projects with other members of the Medical Affairs team and other departments within Jazz; projects may include scientific congress/conference strategy and planning, advisory boards, publications, training of Medical Affairs team members, training of business partners including collaboration with field sales training, participation in epidemiology, health economics and outcomes research, and marketing/policy related projects.
- Assist with development, review and approval of promotional materials and medical affairs materials
- Review and edit responses created by our Medical Information Team and provide clinical and scientific support in responding to inquiries from healthcare professionals.
- Support the planning and execution of advisory boards
- Support the planning and execution of phase 4/ post marketing studies or registries.
- Participate in appropriate cross-functional and cross-company Clinical and Commercial teams to inform brand strategies and tactics and represent Medical Affairs.
- Participate as appropriate in the Investigator Sponsored Trial review and educational grant process.
- Ensure that all medical affairs presentations are consistent, accurate, and clinically meaningful.
- Consistently demonstrate a positive, collaborative attitude that exemplifies ownership of business, teamwork with peers, and respect of supervisors, peers and customers. Essential Qualifications:
- Advanced degree (PharmD, MD, PhD) is required. Sleep or CNS training/experience strongly preferred
- A minimum of 5 years related work experience required
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to collaborate with internal colleagues in R&D, sales, marketing, and managed care
- Strong multi-tasking skills and proven track record with time management
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding, and complex work environment, with the ability to carry out complicated assignments and adapt to changing situations and priorities
- Ability to deliver scientific presentations
- Ability to travel as needed (- 25% travel Domestic and International. Limited international travel ( Description of Physical Demands:
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery. Description of Work Environment:
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of "normal" work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business attire.
Employerceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law. Department: Research & Development - provided by Dice Development, Director, Management, Materials, Printer, Research, Sales, Scientific
Keywords: Capital Markets Placement, San Francisco , Associate Director, Medical Affairs-Sleep - Palo Alto, CA, Healthcare , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!