911 Critical Care Paramedic (AMR) - Located in San Francisco, CA
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Located in San Francisco, CAJob Description:
911 Critical Care "CCT" Paramedic *Night and Weekend Differential
IMMEDIATE HIRING! CCT PARAMEDIC FULL - TIME & PART-TIME
Sign on Bonus Available For a Limited Time!*
AMR is hiring high-quality Critical Care Paramedics looking for a
position that allows them to deliver comprehensive ALS and Critical
Care in a variety of patient care settings as well as inter
facility transportation. As part of the Global Medical Response
family, AMR provides the training and education to prepare you for
an advanced scope of practice and career-advancement as well as
cross-training as flight paramedic opportunities!
Paramedics with at least two years of experience within the last 5
years can apply to receive the training and certification. Once
certified, CCP-C will receive CCT-P compensation.
The Critical Care Transport Paramedic performs basic life support,
advanced life support, and critical level patient care. They will
administer direct patient care in a variety of transport settings,
acting under the leadership, training, and direction of the local
AMR and CCT Leadership teams. The successful applicant will
administer exemplary patient care and provide exceptional
leadership while facilitating the transport of critically ill or
injured patients. They will possess a solid clinical and
operational foundation from which they will autonomously guide the
care of patients and safely get them to their destination. They
will often experience patients at a time of great need with few
resources and will need to utilize exceptional advanced critical
thinking skills while providing compassionate care. The Critical
Care Transport Paramedic is an experienced, highly skilled,
motivated, compassionate, and flexible clinician who enjoys facing
new challenges every day.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- All essential duties and responsibilities of a 9-1-1 paramedic,
plus the following:
- Utilizes medical equipment including defibrillator, EKG
monitor, ventilators, IV pumps, hemodynamic monitoring devices,
advanced airway adjuncts/procedures, oxygen and suction devices,
intravenous fluids and medications
- Utilize and interpret common laboratory reports.
- Manage complicated pharmacological infusions.
- Perform treatments and procedures in accordance with a
Paramedic CCT level of certification and according to local
policies and procedures.
- Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum
- Communicate with receiving facility for medical direction and
to provide critical information.
- Continuously maintain all required certifications; attend and
complete all required training by Operations, CCT Clinical
Leadership, and local EMS agencies.
- Communicate with dispatch personnel to receive and understand
call data and customer feedback.
- Assist as necessary with cleaning the ambulance inside and
outside in accordance with Risk and Safety guidelines and local
policies to ensure a sanitary and safe environment for all
passengers and patients and to promote a positive Company image in
- Accurately document all patient assessments and care provided
during each call via the Company's platform; ensure all relevant
patient data is collected and entered for appropriate billing.
- Follow policies and procedures regarding out-of-chute and
- Ability to work past scheduled shift end time with little or no
- Read medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in
quick, accurate and expedient manner.
- Ability to discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration
due to patient's condition and to the treatment given.
- Communicate clearly and precisely via phone or radio with
Communications Center personnel, receiving facilities or other EMS
providers as to the status of patient.
- Negotiate with customers regarding additional services when
appropriate, e.g., return transport.
- Meet and communicate with existing customers/staff including
skilled nursing, assisted living and hospital facilities to ensure
the Company is meeting their needs and determine if additional
services can be provided. Report these interactions to the
Operations and Account Managers regularly.
- Actively solicit new business opportunities from facilities the
Company is not currently providing services for. Report any
additional service opportunities to the Operations and Account
- Participate in community programs to maintain the Company's
image and foster strong community relations.
- Adhere to and comply with all Company and information systems
security requirements and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Unencumbered CA Paramedic license
- A minimum of at least 3 to 5 years of ALS experience as a field
- Current BCCTCP/IBSC Critical Care Paramedic Certification
(CCP-C) or obtain within a responsible time from hire per local Ops
time requirements. Individuals with a CCEMT-P or equivalent
certification must obtain their CCP-C per CA EMSA Title 22
- Successful completion of a CA approved Critical Care Paramedic
course or equivalent as listed per CA EMSA Title 22 guidelines
within a responsible time from hire per local Ops time
- CA State Driver's License (Driving Record must be in compliance
with AMR's Safety & Driving policy - proof required if conditional
employment offer is made).
- ACLS, PALS, and BLS provider cards.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) or obtain within 6 months
- PHTLS provider with advanced trauma skills pack or obtain
within 6 months of hire. Other advanced trauma certifications may
be considered if they meet current CAMTS requirements.
- Must be able to successfully pass a physical Agility Test
- Other certifications and/or training as required by local City,
County or State agencies
- Successful completion of EMS Agency approved provider training
and orientation programs specific to ALS and/or CCP scope of
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and medical
agencies to provide the highest level of patient care.
- Ability to read and interpret all required documents and write
required reports and correspondence.
*Some restrictions apply- your recruiter will share more
information upon receiving your application.
Why Choose San Francisco?
AMR San Francisco is the official EMS partner for Oracle Park and
Chase Center, providing event coverage for both venues including
San Francisco Giants and Golden State Warrior games.
AMR is one of Global Medical Response 's (GMR) family of solutions.
Our GMR teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care,
primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation
services. View the stories on how our employees provide care to the
world at www.AtaMomentsNotice.com. Learn how our values are at the
core of our services and vital to how we approach care, and check
out our comprehensive benefit options at
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal
Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and
providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with a
More Information about this Job:
Company Benefits: Check out our careers site benefits page to learn
more about our benefit options.
Salary Range: $39.83 - $55.09 per hour DOE. (This rate applies to
12 hour shift and average 42 (FT) and average 20 (PT) per week)
Bonus: This position is bonus eligible.
Keywords: AMR, San Francisco , 911 Critical Care Paramedic (AMR) - Located in San Francisco, CA, Healthcare , Belmont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!