Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 10, 2024
We are so glad you are interested in joining Sutter Health!
Organization: CPMC-California Pacific Med Center - Mission Bernal
Position Overview: The RN Case Manager is responsible for Care
Coordination, Care Transitions, Discharge Planning and Utilization
Management throughout the acute care patient experience. The RN
Case Manager works in collaboration with the Physician, Medical
Social Worker and bedside RN to assure the timely movement of
patients to the appropriate level of care to prevent unnecessary
admissions or readmissions. Oversees the management of acute
patient populations across the care continuum with the primary
focus to provide coordinated, timely and integrated care. The RN
Case Manager reports to either the Supervisor or Manager or
Director of Care Coordination in each facility. The RN Case Manager
has frequent contact with patients, families, physicians, the
interdisciplinary team, nursing management, quality, ancillary
services, third party payers and review agencies, claims and
finance departments, Medical Directors, and contracted providers
and community resources. Job Description: EDUCATION
- Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required
degree or diploma.
- Bachelor's: BS in one of following: Nursing or Health
- Master's: Master in nursing, case management or related field.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- RN-Registered Nurse of California
- CCM - Certified Case Manager preferred PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AS
TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN:
- Minimum of three (3) years in acute medical/surgical/ED/ or
critical care nursing area required. Masters of Nursing in Case
Management in lieu of three (3) years in acute medical/surgical/ED/
or critical care nursing area may be considered for employment at
- Previous Case Management experience preferred.
- Experience utilizing electronic InteQrual or other standardized
criteria strongly preferred.
- Experience with clinical assessment for patient with complex
medical, emotional and social needs.
- Experience using an electronic medical record system
- Experience and knowledge with MIDAS preferred SKILLS AND
- Excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills.
- A broad knowledge base of health care delivery and case
management within a managed care environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Utilization Review, levels of care,
and observation status.
- Some awareness of healthcare reimbursement systems: HMO, PPO,
- Post-acute levels of care such as Home Health, Hospice, AIM,
and Palliative Care. SNF, LTAC, B&C, Sub-acute, Acute rehab.
- General Knowledge of coding and DRG assignment process
- Must be able to effectively communicate with, and promote
cooperation and collaboration between individuals including
patients/families/caretakers, physicians, nurses and other
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment in
interactions with physicians, payers, and patients and their
- Demonstrates commitment to service excellence in all patient,
family and employee interactions and in performing all job
- Functions in a manner to promote quality patient care and
assure a positive patient experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent time management skills to develop organized
work processes in a high-volume environment with rapidly changing
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Ability to promote teamwork and to effectively function in
- Ability to interact effectively with key internal and external
constituents using collaboration, and customer service skills that
promote excellence in the patient experience. Job Shift: Days
Schedule: Part Time Shift Hours: 8 Days of the Week: Variable
Weekend Requirements: Every other Weekend Benefits: Yes Unions: Yes
Position Status: Non-Exempt Weekly Hours: 32 Employee Status:
Regular Number of Openings: 0 Sutter Health is an equal opportunity
employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans. Pay Range is $75.78 to
$102.56 / hour The salary range for this role may vary above or
below the posted range as determined by location. This range has
not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential
applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation
takes into account several factors including but not limited to a
candidate's experience, education, skills, licensure and
certifications, department equity, training and organizational
needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program
offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a
comprehensive benefits package.
Keywords: Knewin, San Francisco , Case Manager/RN, Healthcare , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!