LVN, Home Health
Company: Sutter Health
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Organization:SCAH-Sutter Care at Home - BayPosition Overview:
-Under the general direction of a qualified registered nurse , the
Licensed Vocational Nurse assists in the nursing process by
instructing patients and care givers in self care and providing
basic nursing care as needed.Job Description:EDUCATION
- Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required
degree or diploma.
- Other: Graduate from an accredited vocational school of nursing
or equivalent.CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- LVN-Licensed Vocational Nurse
- CPTI-Certified Phlebotomy Technician I
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
- AUTO-Automobile Insurance
- DL-California Drivers Class CPREFERRED EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY
- 1 year of professional experience.
- Home health or community health experience preferred.
- 5 years direct patient care experience.SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Basic competencies in the fundamentals of nursing and
pharmacology are required.
- Demonstrated skills in effective written and verbal
- Ability to recognize the needs and concerns of diverse groups
- Ability to maintain harmonious constructive working
relationships with internal and external customers (patients,
families, members of the interdisciplinary team, clerical and
management staff, physicians and community resources).
- Ability to use and give instruction of adaptive equipment.
- Must possess a current California drivers license and access to
a reliable automobile with proof of liability insurance.
- Must be able to handle sensitive issues, conflict with or among
others, respectively direct and reinforce staff efforts;
effectively plan and organize and prioritize work, think critically
to both effectively plan and organize department operations
consistent with Sutter Care at Home's strategic and operating
objectives and to effectively solve unique problems as they arise
or identify when to consult supervisor.
- Must be able to deal with challenging work environment with
time demands and occasional conflicting priorities.
- Maintain a positive and professional image and demonstrate
self-directed learning to meet professional development and/or
- Responsible for maintaining all required licensure and
- At orientation and annually thereafter, must be able to meet
Sutter Care at Home core competencies for position and area of
specialty, as appropriate.Job Shift:DaysSchedule:Full TimeShift
Hours:8Days of the Week:Monday - Friday, VariableWeekend
Status: Non-ExemptWeekly Hours:40Employee Status:RegularNumber of
Openings:1This position may regularly work, store, prepare,
receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s)
identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National
Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes
of USP 800.Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer
EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Pay Range is $34.62 to $44.95 / hourThe
salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range
as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any
specific geographic differential applicable by area where the
position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several
factors including but not limited to a candidate's experience,
education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity,
training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of
the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles
also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package. Schedule/Shift:
Keywords: Sutter Health, San Francisco , LVN, Home Health, Healthcare , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!