Occupational Therapist Home Health Full Time
Company: CenterWell Home Health
Posted on: May 28, 2023
DescriptionThe Occupational Therapist 2 evaluates patients and
helps them improve basic motor functions and reasoning abilities.
The Occupational Therapist 2 work assignments are varied and
frequently require interpretation and independent determination of
the appropriate courses of action.ResponsibilitiesWe are offering a
$10,000 sign on bonus for our full-time occupational therapist
position!As a -Home Health Occupational Therapist, you will:
- Assess/screen patient's daily living/work-related skills and
develop therapeutic retraining programs with measurable objectives.
- Administer and interpret diagnostic and prognostic tests of
function to patients in their homes or other settings to assist the
physician in evaluating the patient's level of function.
- Confer with the patient's physician and other health care team
members and participate in development/revision of the Plan of Care
- Provide therapeutic treatment and instruction to patients in
accordance with physician orders to improve/restore strength,
coordination, range-of-motion and function or teach compensation
- Review/expand the retraining programs in a manner consistent
with the behavioral goals of each patient and within the guidelines
of the rehabilitation program as a whole.
- Consult with other vocational team members, as appropriate, to
develop and implement vocationally oriented plans consistent with
the needs and capabilities of patients.
- Report patient status and progress to the physician,
rehabilitation staff, Clinical Manager, patient and family
- Participate in care coordination and discharge planning
activities and act as a resource to other health care personnel in
meeting patient's needs.
- Design community reintegration activities to assist the client
in the physical reconditioning effort, and/or the psychological
adjustment and coordinate the plan with members of the
- Recommend and/or design special adaptive equipment for clients
to improve residence or working environments or improve their
participation in the rehabilitation program and/or community.
- Design/train staff and family members to carry out the
retraining program including dressing, feeding, grooming and
hygiene skills, participate in team and family educational
- Coordinate/oversee/supervise/instruct and evaluates
Occupational Therapy Assistant and Home Health Aide performance in
implementing occupational therapy services.
- Accurately and thoroughly document patients' care observations,
interventions and evaluation on the day services are rendered. -
Ensure that interim (verbal) orders received from the physician are
accurately documented and implemented. - Submit evaluation,
treatment plans and discharge summary to the supervisor and care
management staff.Required Experience/Skills:
- Degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy Program
- A minimum of six months of occupational therapy experience
- Home Health experience a plus
- Current and unrestricted OT licensure
- Current CPR certification
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Valid driver's license, auto insurance and reliable
- This role requires full COVID-19 vaccinationScheduled Weekly
Hours40Pay RangeThe compensation range below reflects a good faith
estimate of starting base pay at the time of posting in Pleasant
Hill, California. The pay range may be higher or lower based on
geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on
demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education,
-$92,300 - $126,950
-Description of BenefitsHumana, Inc. and its affiliated
subsidiaries (collectively, "Humana") offers competitive benefits
that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are
designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare
decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life
extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides
medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings
plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal
holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave),
short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other
Keywords: CenterWell Home Health, San Francisco , Occupational Therapist Home Health Full Time, Healthcare , Lafayette, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...