Registered Dental Assistant
Company: North East Medical Services
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: May 28, 2023
The Registered Dental Assistant will provide chair side
assistance to the dentist; perform related duties, and assists with
clerical work as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform duties according to the Dental Practice Act.
- Prepare operatories and equipment for patient treatment.
- Refer clients to supervisor in situations that cannot be
- Assist with front duties including appointment scheduling,
Superbill entry, typing, etc.
- Provides chair side assistance to the dentist using four -
handed dentistry techniques.
- Takes dental radiographs.
- Maintains dental operatories, dental laboratory, dental
equipment and sterilization area in proper working order.
- Carries out limited dental laboratory procedures such as
pouring models of impressions.
- Assist in topical fluoride administration.
- Ensure that the patient's record, Superbills and all relevant
paperwork are completed and routed to the front desk.
- Ensure that proper arrangement is made for the patient's
- Follow NEMS Infection Control protocol, Medical Waste Disposal
Protocol and Hazard Communication protocol.
- Proactively inform the Dental Clinic Coordinator of any
supplies that need to be replenished, so a consistent level of
supplies is maintained at all times.
- Provide dental health education, including oral hygiene
instruction and dietary advice, to patients and to target groups of
out - reach program.
- Keep track of DentiCal or insurance authorization and schedule
- Handle dental records, filing appropriate information in dental
charts, file X - rays.
- Handle medical records, requesting charts from Medical
Department as needed.
- Obtain and update necessary information from clients. For
example, DentiCal, private insurance coverage, current address and
telephone number, etc.
- Adhere to all Federal and Government regulations including the
Dental Board of California rules & regulation, HIPAA & OSHA
- Assist the department to develop and implement policies,
protocol and procedures which are in compliance with the most
current accepted professional standards.
- Performs other job duties as required by manager/supervisor.
- Completion of a qualified dental assistant training
- Current License to work as a Registered Dental Assistant in the
State of California.
- License in California to take dental radiographs.
- Knowledge of cleaning and sterilizing procedures for dental
instruments and equipment.
- Current documentation of Basic Life Support required. LANGUAGE:
- Must be able to fluently speak, read and write English.
- Fluent in Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin), Vietnamese,
Spanish and other languages may be required depending on
- Fluency in other languages are an asset.
This is an FLSA Non-exempt position.
This is not an OSHA high-risk position.
NEMS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer welcoming
diversity in our workforce. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair
Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NEMS BENEFITS: Competitive benefits, including free medical, dental
and vision insurance for employee, spouse and/or children; and
company contribution to 401(k).
Keywords: North East Medical Services, San Francisco , Registered Dental Assistant, Healthcare , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...