Posted on: May 27, 2023
Under indirect supervision consults with patients and medical
personnel regarding medication therapy. -Dispenses compounds,
procures, stores, and distributes pharmacy products. -Provides
medical personnel and patients with medication and information and
- Under indirect supervision, monitors and/or manages the
medication therapy of specific hospitalized or ambulatory patients
as assigned to assure optimum therapeutic results and
- Reviews laboratory test results and the patient's progress to
detect adverse drug reactions, and confers with and assists medical
personnel in laboratory test interpretation, care and treatment of
patients. -Interviews patients to obtain information regarding
medication use, medication allergies and sensitivities.
- Documents the information in the patient's electronic medical
record and other systems as appropriate. -Advises patients of
directions for use, medication, storage requirements, importance of
compliance, precautions and warning for medication therapy.
-Advises the patient on the use of related devices and the
coordination of drug therapy with diet, according to established
policies and procedures.
- Provides medical personnel with medication information, drug
therapy options, and pharmacokinetic dosing advice. -Orders and
adjusts dosages, orders laboratory tests, and administers
medication under protocol according to established polices and
- Dispenses, compounds, procures, stores, and distributes
pharmacy products. -Monitors the effectiveness and accuracy of
medication distribution. -Reviews physician pharmacy products.
-Monitors the effectiveness and accuracy of medication
distribution. -Reviews physician orders, and enters orders, in the
patient's electronic medical record. -Verifies accuracy of
transcription or data entry in the medication administration record
or electronic medical record. -Verifies accuracy of medication
preparation and dispensing by pharmacy personnel. -Reviews
patient's medical record to verify proper delivery and correct
administration of medication. -Reports discrepancies to appropriate
medical and/or administrative personnel. Participates in assigned
education and training programs.
- As necessary, provides inservices and educational programs for
pharmacy, other medical personnel, and patients. -As necessary,
participates in patient-care rounds, hospital committees,
utilization review, and quality management programs.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Provides direction to Pharmacist Residents, Pharmacist Interns,
Pharmacy Technicians, and other non-licensed personnel.Basic
- B.S. degree in Pharmacy OR Pharm.D required.License,
- Current American Heart Association approved Basic Life Support
(BLS) card required.
- Current CA Registered Pharmacist License.
- Must be able to obtain an NPI # within one month in
- Comprehensive knowledge of current
pharmacological/biopharmaceutical principles, medical terminology,
pathologies, disease states, and related information for a medical
- Knowledge of aseptic technique, and the preparation of sterile
IV products and chemotherapeutic agents.
- Knowledge of emergency medications and drug monitoring.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to operate the pharmacy computer system(s) and
- Must be able to generate prescription labels.
- MUST BE ABLE TO PASS BACKGROUND CHECK.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- N/A.PrimaryLocation : California,Vacaville,Vacaville
HospitalHoursPerWeek : 8Shift : VariableWorkdays : Sun, Mon, Tue,
Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat *Contract Compliant: Sunday-Saturday, shift may
include working weekends, days, evenings, & nightsWorkingHoursStart
: 12:01 AMWorkingHoursEnd : 11:59 PMJob Schedule : Short HourJob
Type : StandardEmployee Status : RegularEmployee Group/Union
Affiliation : A14-GFPP-Guild for Prof. PharmacistsJob Level :
Individual ContributorJob Category : PharmacyDepartment : Vacaville
Hospital - Inpatient Pharmacy-1 - 0201Travel : NoKaiser Permanente
is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and
inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital
status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity,
veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing
characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected
Keywords: Kaiser, San Francisco , Inpatient Pharmacist, Healthcare , Crockett, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...