Behavioral Medicine Specialist Psychologist Milpitas CA
Posted on: May 27, 2023
In a Consultant-Liaison role, evaluates and diagnosis' Health
Plan members seen in primary care who have mental disorders or
behavioral conditions that affect or are a consequence of their
- Utilizes principles of Health Psychology to develop implement,
coordinate and evaluate treatment plans for referred members that
may include crisis intervention, brief psychotherapy,
psychoeducation groups and brief case management.
- Prepares concise intake evaluations and treatment plans, and
maintains ongoing confidential progress records in accord with
state and NCQA regulations.
- Provides education and support to members and their families to
encourage compliance with medical and behavioral regimes.
- Co-manages medical conditions through the use of
nonpharmacologic and behavioral interventions in order to leverage
physician time and develop appropriate patterns of
- Administers and evaluates psychological and neuropsychological
tests on a limited basis.
- Collaborates with physicians in screening and evaluating
patients for psychotropic medications, within the scope of
- Provides consultation and training to other members of the APC
team in the areas of mental health, behavioral medicine and health
- Provides consultation on program development, and conducts
program evaluation and outcome assessment, as needed.
- Serves as liaison and refers to the Psychiatry Department,
Chemical Dependency Services, Behavioral Health Education,
specialty behavioral medicine services and other Medical Teams as
- PhD/PsyD/EdD in clinical counseling, health or school
psychology from an accredited college or university.License,
- Current valid license to practice psychology in the State of
California or valid license to practice in a state in the United
States and able to practice under Business and Professional Code
Section 2946 (maximum of 180 days subject to the specifics of the
- Must have a Nat'l Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI,
prior to employment start date.
- Previous clinical responsibilities to include diagnosis, crisis
intervention, brief individual and group psychotherapy, and
consultation and collaboration with medical personnel.
- Knowledge of state regulations and APA standards as it related
to client treatment, patient rights and client/patient
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team
and within a primary care environment.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary setting
- Familiarity with psychopharmacology and health psychology
background preferred.PrimaryLocation : California,Milpitas,Milpitas
611 Medical OfficesHoursPerWeek : 40Shift : DayWorkdays : Sun, Mon,
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, VariableWorkingHoursStart : 09:00
AMWorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PMJob Schedule : Full-timeJob Type :
StandardEmployee Status : RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation :
A05-IBHS-NUHW-NUHW Integ Behavioral Hlth SerJob Level : Individual
ContributorJob Category : Behavioral Health, Social Services &
Spiritual CareDepartment : Milpitas 770 E Medical Offices - Mental
Health/Psych-NonMD Prov - 0206Travel : NoKaiser Permanente is an
equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser, San Francisco , Behavioral Medicine Specialist Psychologist Milpitas CA, Healthcare , Campbell, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...