Registered Dietitian/Chronic Care Coordinator
Company: Mission Neighborhood Health Center
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: March 20, 2023
The Registered Dietitian/Chronic Care Coordinator operates in a
collaborative, team environment with Care Teams and support staff
to provide nutritional education and counseling to all age groups.
The Registered Dietitian/Chronic Care Coordinator will lead
individual and group self-management interventions to patients with
chronic disease, and collaborate with external community agencies
to connect patients to additional resources. The Registered
Dietitian/Chronic Care Coordinator is an active member of the Care
Management Program, offering nutritional counseling to patients
with multiple comorbidities and high system utilization in
collaboration with Care Coordinators and Registered Nurses. -
Essential Functions & ResponsibilitiesThe Registered
Dietitian/Chronic Care Coordinator has the following
responsibilities and duties:Direct Patient Care (70%)
- Collaborates with Care Team to identify and connect with
patients in need of nutritional education and care plans
- Assess patient nutritional status through history taking,
medical record review, and assessment of patient's medication
understanding, and direct consultation with Care Team.
- Establish nutritional and lifestyle goals for patients in
collaboration with patients and Care Team
- Meet with patients to identify educational needs. Provide
individual instruction, utilize informational materials, or refer
to community resources as needed.
- Promote healthy lifestyles by advising patients on diet,
hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Document patient information in a timely, accurate manner.
- Co-facilitate shared medical visits for chronic disease
management to provide nutritional support.
- Use registry for population health outreach (i.e. reminders and
care planning tools), and report feedback to Care Teams on clinical
performance. - Group Health Education (20%)
- Coordinate, facilitate, and evaluate multiple group
preventative, health education visits and self-management groups
for patients diagnosed with chronic disease.Administrative (10%)
- Develop protocols and training curriculum for individual and
group self-care management interventions.
- Participate in case conferences and patient huddles as
- Develop and maintain collaborations with community
- Provide nutritional consultation and training to staff and
members of the Care Team.
- Perform research and recommend methods to expand and improve
- Participate in Quality Improvement Committee. Identify ways to
improve nutritional and health education services, workflows, and
clinical outcomes. Conduct, implement, and evaluate quality
- Participate in Patient Advisory Committee.
- Perform other duties as assigned by SupervisorQualifications &
RequirementsThe Registered Dietitian/Chronic Care Coordinator
should have the following skills, education, and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition or related degree required.
- Registration as a Registered Dietitian by the Academy of
Nutrition and Dietetics Association required.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required. Proficiency in an
Asian-Pacific Islander language preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate required.
- Clinical Diabetic Educator certification preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in patient education, nutrition,
health education, chronic disease management.
- Experience leading group health education or providing
nutritional education in group settings required.
- Experience in primary care, ambulatory care, or community
health centers preferred.
- Experience in quality improvement preferred.
- Experience in project management preferred.
- Knowledge of medical nutrition therapy (MNT) practices
- Knowledge of behavioral change preferred.Who We Are: -The
Mission Neighborhood Health Center (MNHC) is a non-profit,
multi-site community health organization offering comprehensive
health services in the Mission and Excelsior Districts of San
Francisco. We offer primary health care services including adult
medicine, pediatrics, behavioral health, family planning, OB/GYN,
HIV, homeless services, optometry and dental services. - We
advocate for health equity and deliver innovative, high quality
services responsive to the neighborhoods and diverse communities we
serve with a focus on the Latino Spanish-Speaking
- Opportunity to Complete City College of San Francisco CHW
- Medical Insurance - MNHC pays 90-100% based on plan
- Dental and Vision Insurance - free to employee
- Flex Spend Accts for health & dependent care expenses
- Life Insurance - free basic policy plus voluntary option
- Vacation - 2 weeks (3 weeks after 5 yrs; 4 weeks after 8
- 12 Paid Holidays plus your birthday and 12 Sick Days each
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company ContributionPowered
Keywords: Mission Neighborhood Health Center, San Francisco , Registered Dietitian/Chronic Care Coordinator, Healthcare , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...