Assistant Nurse Manager, Behavioral Health
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Manages a TPMG nursing unit(s), monitors quality, service and
utilization standards. Supervises the day to day TPMG nursing shift
- Manages the units day to day clinical operations including
practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management,
and quality improvement. Ensures the highest quality of care is
provided and is in compliance with federal, state, and local
regulatory requirements and established departmental policies and
- Develops and implements action plans to improve staff
development. Supervises a single unit (8 to 24 hours) of
approximately 20 - 60+ employees. Ensures the highest quality of
care is provided and is in compliance with federal, state, and
local regulatory requirements and established departmental policies
and procedures. Utilization of services. Monitors the quality of
service and utilization standards and assumes specific
responsibility for patient care at the unit level. Ensures
coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused care and cost
effective utilization of services.
- Monitors the allocation and utilization of personnel based on
continual changes in patient population/needs and provides the best
level of patient care while identifying savings opportunities.
- Works with health care providers outside of the unit, to
achieve optimal patient care across the continuum. Researches,
identifies, and implements best practice models of other units.
Investigates and resolves patient/family member concerns regarding
patient care. Supervises the daily unit operations, including human
resources management, department and employee safety programs, and
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
- Minimum two (2) years of nursing experience required.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as charge nurse, preceptor,
quality improvement champion or other related leadership
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- High school diploma OR General Education Diploma (GED)
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (California) required at hire
- Basic Life Support
- Evidence of training completion as preceptor or charge
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement, clinical care
delivery processes, staffing, & budgeting.
- Knowledge of Nursing Practice Act, The Joint Commission & other
federal, state, & local regulatory requirements.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- ACLS, PALS, NRP certification may be required for positions in
- Bachelors degree in nursing preferred.
- ACLS certification strongly preferred.
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, San Francisco , Assistant Nurse Manager, Behavioral Health, Healthcare , Coyote, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...