Senior Pharmacy Clerk
Location: San Carlos
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Under the supervision of a Manager/Supervisor, directs, checks,
trains and provides feedback on the work of subordinate Pharmacy
Clerks/Assistants. Adjusts work schedules, assigns and prioritizes
- Directs, checks, trains and provides feedback on the work of
subordinate Pharmacy Clerks/Assistants.
- Adjusts work schedules, assigns and prioritizes workflow.
- Provides in-person and telephone reception.
- Receives and direct new and refill prescriptions for further
- Produces computerized or typed prescription labels.
- Packages and sells filled prescriptions and pharmaceutical
- Assists pharmacy personnel with clerical functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job motivates and provides
work direction to other employees, but does not have the authority
to hire, fire, or discipline.
- N/A Education
- High School Diploma/GED. License, Certification, Registration
- N/A Additional Requirements:
- 30 WPM/or/6,000 KPH.
- Requires working knowledge/familiarity with pharmaceutical
nomenclature (generic vs. trade name equivalents), usual dosages
and dosage forms.
- Ability to read, understand and transcribe pharmaceutical
information from the prescription form.
- Effective customer service and telephone reception skills.
- Effective functional direction or persuasive communication
skills and ability.
- Ability to prioritize work flow and resolve problems
- Good general clerical ability and mathematical skills (add,
subtract, multiply, divide).
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time and to
read fine print.
- Requires the ability to lift/transport 1-50 lbs., light to
moderate carrying, pulling, pushing, walking and frequent bending,
stooping and reaching.
- Ability to operate cash register, pharmacy computer systems and
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the
appropriate collective bargaining agreement. Preferred
Job Category: Pharmacy
Keywords: Kaiser, San Francisco , Senior Pharmacy Clerk, Healthcare , San Carlos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...