Clinical Nurse Specialist- Labor and Delivery, Antepartum, Postpartum/OB
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Sign-on Bonus Eligible Position!
Provides in-depth clinical expertise in a defined area of nursing
practice (eg., pediatrics, oncology, adult medicine). Develops and
ensures quality standards for nursing practice for a specific
patient population. Provides advanced clinical practice education,
consultation, research and administration.
- Establishes and monitors care standards and makes
recommendations for changes in area of clinical practice.
Collaborates with nursing staff in assessing patient, family
age-specific nursing needs and develops plan of care for complex
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the care provided.
- Designs teaching programs for patients/families and provides
assistance to nursing staff in program implementation. Develops
interdisciplinary plans of care for complex and high risk patients.
In conjunction with members of the health care team, assesses staff
knowledge and identifies competency-based education needs of staff
- Designs and implements education programs to ensure the quality
of staff knowledge and skills. Introduces new techniques/innovation
based on advanced practice trends. May serve as a preceptor to
graduate healthcare students.
- Provides consultation to physicians, nurses and other health
care providers in meeting care needs of individual or groups of
patients in both outpatient and inpatient settings.
- Makes recommendations to change standards of care or standards
of practice based on own research or the research of others.
- Defines and implements best nursing practices. Assists in
interviewing staff and provides input into evaluations regarding
clinical competence and provides coaching and counseling.
- Participates and consults in setting the direction for QA&I
monitoring, establishing standards and evaluating outcomes.
Collects and analyzes data regarding patient care outcomes, trends,
morbidity and mortality.
- Accesses KP Health Connect to evaluate the quality of care
provided. Uses KP Health Connect to manage clinical operations.
Monitors quality, appropriateness, and accuracy of KP Health
Connect documentation. Maintains role specific KP Health Connect
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
- Delete this text and Enter a Function.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in area of clinical
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree in a clinical field of nursing or a clinical
field related to nursing including but not limited to psychology,
public health, social work, education, health sciences, behavioral
sciences, nutrition, and bioethics from a nationally accredited
master's/post master's nursing academic program.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license by date of hire.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist certification by the California Board
of Registered Nursing by date of hire.
- Current BLS certificate required.
- May require a Nat'l Provider Identifier (NPI) if needed for
Clinical Nurse Specialist prior to date of hire.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Clinical Nurse Specialist experience preferred.
- ACLS or PALS Certification preferred.
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners, RN
Keywords: Kaiser, San Francisco , Clinical Nurse Specialist- Labor and Delivery, Antepartum, Postpartum/OB, Healthcare , Kentfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...