Licensed Clinical Supervisor (Psychologist)
Location: San Carlos
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description:JOB TITLE: Licensed Clinical Supervisor
(Psychologist) PROGRAM: Training ProgramREPORTS TO: Chief Clinical
OfficerSTATUS: Part-time (8-10 hours/ week remote)SALARY:
$80/hrPROGRAM DESCRIPTIONStarVista is a community-based
organization committed to delivering high impact services through
counseling, skill development, and crisis prevention to children,
youth, adults, and families in San Mateo County. We are currently
seeking a well-qualified Licensed Clinical Supervisor
(Psychologist) to supervise trainees, interns, associates, and
staff from a variety of clinical disciplines.Requirements:GENERAL
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:Under the supervision of the Chief
Clinical Officer, the Licensed Clinical Supervisor (Psychologist)
will provide clinical supervision to staff and interns within
StarVista programs. This position is responsible for ensuring the
quality of clinical services provided and all appropriate
professional standards, licensing/certification and funder
requirements are met. Additionally, the Licensed Clinical
Supervisor (Psychologist) is responsible for ensuring culturally
competent and evidence-based services are provided.Following are
the primary duties performed by the Licensed Clinical Supervisor
(Psychologist) (other duties as required):
- Provide clinical supervision, consultation and guidance to
program staff and interns in addressing client management, crisis
intervention, mandated reporting, and other clinical matters to
ensure adherence to professional standards and best practices.
- Provide weekly individual and group supervision to program
staff and interns.
- Be available to sign off on hours toward licensure and any
appropriate board paperwork.
- Be accessible for emergency clinical consultation during
regularly scheduled work hours and as back up during non- regularly
scheduled work hours if clinician cannot reach primary clinical
- Be available to complete supervisee evaluations as
- Promote quality assurance through chart reviews and related
activities to ensure quality of services are being provided to
- Oversee charting and documentation to ensure Medi-Cal, County,
and State standards are met.
- Review and co-sign treatment plans and progress notes as
- Attend meetings, trainings, and other program and
agency-related functions as required.
- Communicate with managers and directors around staff and
interns' progress or any areas of concern.
- Participate in inter-agency and intra-agency meetings as
required MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Doctoral degree in psychology, or related field.
- Licensure with the California Board of Psychology (BOP).
- Completion of required Clinical Supervision training per BOP
and ongoing maintenance of clinical supervision continuing
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards of practice, including
child abuse reporting laws.
- Professional ability to work collaboratively with a
- Possess clinical skills and insight necessary for affecting
positive work with clients and their families.
- Broad theoretical knowledge and expertise in the practice of a
variety of treatment modalities, and of diagnostic and therapeutic
techniques to diagnose and solve problems in psychotherapeutic work
with adults, children, adolescents, and families.
- Experience working with diverse youth and families in clinical,
community and school base settings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written
communication skills, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of clinical documentation (assessment, treatment
plans, progress notes, etc.).
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Capacity to be flexible, as needs and special events
- Ability to pass background clearance and clear TB test.PREFERED
- Experience supervising Master and/or Doctoral level trainees,
interns, and associates.
- Provide training to staff and interns in areas of
- Experience in Medi-Cal procedures including billing and
- Experience with electronic medical records, strong computer
skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to travel to different StarVista sites within San Mateo
County for training.
- Ability to operate remotely, using appropriate telehealth
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred, bicultural
- Provide individual supervision to five to eight unlicensed
- Host group supervision sessions.
- Attend Supervision of Supervisors (SoS) meeting twice
- Provide one to three (1-3) training sessions per academic
Keywords: StarVista, San Francisco , Licensed Clinical Supervisor (Psychologist), Healthcare , San Carlos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!