Medical Assistant- Family Medicine- Fremont
Company: Sutter Health
Location: Los Altos
Posted on: January 27, 2023
PAMF-Palo Alto Medical Foundation ALD
Provides clinical and clerical support to providers and members of
the patient care team(s) by performing a variety of back office and
patient-related tasks supporting the delivery of high-quality
patient care. Helps ensure smooth patient and workflow within the
department and assists the patient care team in implementing the
medical plan of care. Integrates education, technical competence,
and patient interaction skills to gain confidence and cooperation
from the patient, their family/support group, and other healthcare
providers. Performs all duties under the direction of a
- HS Diploma: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma
(GED) or equivalent education/experience
- Other: Completion of a course of study consistent with the
requirements for Medical Assistants as specified by the Medical
Board of California. CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS-Basic Life Support
Healthcare Provider SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- General knowledge of various medical procedures, views, and
- Basic understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology,
and medical terminology.
- Competent and validated in basic Medical Assisting skills such
as taking vital signs, preparing patients for exam, and
- Ability to interpret a variety of data and instructions,
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain
sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse
audiences, including non-medical people.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills,
including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within
standardized operating procedures and scientific methods to achieve
objectives and meet deadline.
- General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft
Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies,
procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including
accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting
appropriate solutions from established options.
- Build collaborative relationships with peers and other
healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate
objectives. Pay Range: $25.95- $32.43
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted
range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted
for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where
the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several
factors including but not limited to a candidate's experience,
education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity,
training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of
the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles
also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Days of the Week:
Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
One Weekend Shift a month
Number of Openings:
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers
Schedule/Shift: Regular/ Days
Keywords: Sutter Health, San Francisco , Medical Assistant- Family Medicine- Fremont, Healthcare , Los Altos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!