Nurse Practitioner - Virtual Primary Care
Company: Included Health
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 26, 2023
We're committed to providing positive outcomes to patients
across the country, no matter their situation. We want everyone to
have 'insider access' to great healthcare. At Included Health, the
virtual PCP furthers this mission by ensuring that our patients
receive outstanding care and understand the 'what', 'how', and
'why' of the medical recommendations that they receive. We are
looking for clinicians to join our team who can provide virtual
medical services and professional guidance and support to patients
over video and phone. Clinicians who thrive in this role enjoy
practicing in a collaborative and fast-paced environment while
providing holistic and comprehensive primary care. Strong
candidates will be able to communicate in patient-friendly language
both verbally and in writing and enjoy supporting and collaborating
with a multidisciplinary team. Most importantly, you will become
part of the health care solution and embody a passion for saving
lives through better health care quality and raising the standard
of healthcare for everyone, everywhere.Responsibilities:
- Provide virtual telehealth services. You will speak with
patients over the phone and video to assess their needs, gather
important clinical history, diagnose, and provide appropriate
clinical guidance or treatment
- Serve as consulting clinician with the Connected Care Program
to develop care plans and drive successful outcomes.
- Manage a panel of primary care patients and provide
comprehensive care (including acute care, chronic disease
management, and preventive care) to improve health outcomes and
- Collaborate with a supervising physician as required by state
and practice guidelines.
- Partner with our Credentialing Team to become licensed in
additional states if needed
- Must maintain average patient satisfaction ratings within
practice expectations-- to meet this requirement clinicians are
expected to deliver patient care with exemplary bedside manner and
a focus on high quality, evidence-based medicine.
- This job operates in a professional, private and secure, home
- Must be able to use manual dexterity while using office
equipment such as computers, laptops, keyboard, and mouse.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced
- Must be able to work assigned shifts including evening and
weekend requirements per contract.
- Ability to perform job functions independently.
- Ability to arrive on time to shifts, complete shifts as
scheduled and maintain excellent attendance.
- Keep up-to-date with medical developments, treatment and
- Model our culture and values through humility and
- At least 5 years of primary care experience (as NP).
- Licensed Nurse Practitioner (NP) in good standing with the
medical board of your state.
- Current and active board certification by a national certifying
body, e.g. ANCC (NP), AANP (NP) or APRN (NP)
- Not under current exclusion or sanction by any state or federal
health care program, including Medicare or Medicaid, and is not
identified as an "excluded person" by the Office of Inspector
General of the Department of Health and Human Services or the
General Service Administration (GSA), or reprimanded or sanctioned
- Must maintain Medicare active status.
- Be comfortable discussing medical conditions from a wide
variety of specialties (not just what you trained in)
- Prior experience as a primary care provider and managing a
panel of patients
- Be empathetic. You'll work with patients and their families who
are going through challenging times. You need to keep perspective,
be empathetic, and be reassuring that you will help them.
- Be efficient. We are a fast growing company and we are busy!
You will have lots of work to do and will be expected to meet
volume targets without sacrificing quality.
- Handle a fast-paced environment with competing priorities. You
need good judgement to appropriately juggle your
- Strictly follow security and HIPAA regulations to protect our
patients' medical information
- Excel at communicating with patients and other clinicians, and
enjoy doing so
- Experience with telemedicine and a high level of comfort with
- 8am - 5pm Monday - Friday local time; one late evening and one
weekend day every 4 weeks.#LI-Remote#LI-SK1
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering
integrated virtual care and navigation. We're on a mission to raise
the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to
provide high-quality care for every person in every community - no
matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care
they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer
our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized
virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary
care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It's all included.
Learn more at includedhealth.com.
-----Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any
other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included
Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: Included Health, San Francisco , Nurse Practitioner - Virtual Primary Care, Healthcare , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!