Construction Health & Safety Manager
Company: Placement Club
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Top 5 ENR rated General Contractor ($10B+ revenue) with a vision o
be the highest value provider of global construction services and
technical expertise. North America-based, international
construction company - a leading builder in diverse market
segments. The company has earned recognition for undertaking large,
complex projects, fostering innovation, embracing emerging
technologies, and making a difference for their clients, employees
We are actively recruiting for aProject Safety Managerhere in the
SF Bay Area. This is a great opportunity to work with an innovative
company, with a strong leadership team, and the resources to go
after complex, challenging projects.
Partner with the Business Unit EH&S Director, Project
Executive, Project Manager and Superintendents to ensure project
site compliance with company Environmental, Health & Safety and
risk control policies and procedures. Lead, direct and enforce
safety on a single construction project or on multiple smaller
projects (not to exceed combined total of $40M) within the business
unit's geographic area, based on the safety staffing requirements
as defined by Headquarters EH&S. Identify, eliminate and
control hazardous conditions that may lead to injury and or
property damage using job specific safety standards, best
management practices, and the Building L.I.F.E. program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build working relationships with project staff and
Subcontractor Safety Representatives.
- Airport experience with a large general contractor including
staff management responsibilities is strongly preferred
- Contribute to the development of the overall project safety
- Enforce Safety Program and related policies and procedures and
implement immediate corrective actions in accordance with Company,
Federal, State and Local regulations and owner
- Hold pre-construction planning meeting with subcontractors to
review overall site safety program and job hazard analysis for
their scope of work, and ensure plans are in place to mitigate
- Ensure proper pre-planning for all activities and tasks for
subcontractors and trades.
- Manage time and resource allocation appropriately to provide
overall safety leadership to assigned project(s).
- Create safety reports for the project, analyzing metrics and
making recommendations for improvement over baseline.
- If applicable, supervise and provide guidance for the
development of Project Safety Assistant, communicating clear
objectives, goals and related deliverable's and holding direct
- Evaluate training needs and make recommendations to
- Actively participate in reducing Project Incident Rates by
meeting or exceeding established BU goals and manage regulatory
exposures to zero citations.
- 4year degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Engineering or
similar field preferred
- 5 years of building construction safety experience preferred or
equivalent education and experience.
- A minimum of OSHA 30 hour training, First Aid/CPR/BBP and AED
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety/environmental principles and
techniques is required.
- In addition, achievement of CHST is required within two years
of appointment to this position.
- Demonstrated ability to identify known potential exposures and
lead implementation of corrective actions.
- Demonstrated management, leadership and interpersonal skills
with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing
and train others.
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with Microsoft
Office suite programs.
Keywords: Placement Club, San Francisco , Construction Health & Safety Manager, Healthcare , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!