Staff Charge Nurse II - San Francisco - Pediatrics - FT, 40hrs
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Summary: As a leader of the health care team, directs
shift-to-shift and/or departmental operations and provides
professional nursing care, including utilizing the nursing process
in accordance with established standards of care, policies, and
procedures. Participates in effective resource allocation by
assuring appropriate patient assignments, staffing, and scheduling.
Remains flexible to changing systems; is expected to demonstrate
quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice; and
treats coworkers, patients, families, and al members of the health
care team with dignity and respect.Essential Responsibilities:
- The Charge Registered Nurse demonstrates proficiency by
exhibiting the following skills, competencies, and behaviors:
- Formulates a goal-directed plan of care when and where
appropriate to do so.
- Implements care in a thorough, skillful, consistent, and
- Establishes patient care priorities based on essential patient
needs and availability of unit resources (time, personnel,
equipment, and supplies).
- Identifies patient/family learning needs and acts to meet
- Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to patient/family
rights, age specific needs, cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the
health care team, patients, and families.
- Prioritizes, delegates, and supervises work assignments
appropriately to ensure completion of patient care activities.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care given by team members.
- Utilizes effective communication methods and skills, following
lines of authority, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as
identified by the institution.
- Performs efficiently in emergency situations following
established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate
persons, and documenting events.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own
- Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit
and department personnel.
- Participates in unit and department Performance Improvement
- Identifies and solves problems effectively.
- Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with
patients, families, and all members of the health care team.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers and
telecommunication modalities in documenting, tracking and conveying
- Upholds Kaiser Permanentes Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities, and applicable state, federal and local
- Provides professional leadership and direction of department
personnel in order to maintain efficient delivery of effective
- Demonstrates a professional, supportive attitude.
- Champions new ideas.
- Leads and directs others through the change process.
- Mentors, orients, and coaches others in unit specific
operations and patient care activities.
- Shares responsibility and authority with subordinates and holds
them accountable for performance.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and resolve problems in
collaboration with work team and with other departments.
- Complies with regulatory requirements, policies, procedures,
and standards of practice.
- Customer Service
- Practices customer service standards as defined by the Service
Area, Medical Center, and specified department.
- Assists members who are less than satisfied with their
experience by listening and taking responsibility within their
scope to ensure that the issue is resolved.
- Makes appropriate referrals and facilitates the customers
ability to utilize resources.
- Maintains and protects patient confidentiality.
- Assures a clean, orderly, and functional work environment.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- The incumbent motivates and provides clinical direction to
other employees, but does not have the authority to hire, fire,
discipline, nor effective input into such.
- Provides/coordinates care for patients/patient
- Acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient
confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care
and unit functioning.
- Participates in nursing research activities as requested.
- Provides data for staffing decisions and demonstrates
flexibility in the resolution of staffing issues; demonstrates
flexibility when floating to other units upon requests.
- If practicing in a specialty/extended role, fulfills the
expectations established for the particular role.Basic
Qualifications:ExperienceAt least two (2) years practicing as a
Registered Nurse 2 years recent (within the last 3 years)
experience caring for infants and children.Education
- High School Diploma/GED
- Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program and
completion of the current hours required by the BRN of RN student
clinical experience; OR Graduate of registered nursing program and
either 1) 2000 hours of RN experience in clinical area of specialty
from a licensed acute care facility within three (3) years of
graduation; or 2) graduate of an accredited licensed vocational
nursing program that includes clinical student experience in acute
care and has worked 2000 hours as a licensed vocational nurse
within the clinical area of specialty within three (3) years before
graduation.License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- Basic Life SupportAdditional Requirements:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the RN scope of practice
- Demonstrated commitment to service orientation (members, staff,
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the
appropriate collective bargaining agreement
- Certified Lactation Educator (CLE) certificate required for
nurses providing lactation counseling to new mothers.Preferred
- NRP and PALS or PEARS preferred. Leadership experience
preferred.Job Schedule: Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse
Keywords: Kaiser, San Francisco , Staff Charge Nurse II - San Francisco - Pediatrics - FT, 40hrs, Healthcare , Orinda, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!