Medical Assistant- Specialties Float Pool (Travel required)
Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Organization:SEBMF-East Bay Medical FoundationPosition Overview:
-Provides clinical and clerical support to providers and members of
the patient care team(s) by performing a variety of back office and
patient-related tasks supporting the delivery of high-quality
patient care. Helps ensure smooth patient and workflow within the
department and assists the patient care team in implementing the
medical plan of care. Integrates education, technical competence,
and patient interaction skills to gain confidence and cooperation
from the patient, their family/support group, and other healthcare
providers. Performs all duties under the direction of a
**PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION REQUIRED TRAVEL**Job
- HS Diploma: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma
(GED) or equivalent education/experience
- Other: Completion of a course of study consistent with the
requirements for Medical Assistants as specified by the Medical
Board of California.
- OR Other: Equivalent Sutter Health training
programCERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare ProviderSKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- General knowledge of various medical procedures, views, and
- Basic understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology,
and medical terminology.
- Competent and validated in basic Medical Assisting skills such
as taking vital signs, preparing patients for exam, and
- Ability to interpret a variety of data and instructions,
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain
sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse
audiences, including non-medical people.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills,
including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within
standardized operating procedures and scientific methods to achieve
objectives and meet deadline.
- General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft
Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies,
procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including
accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting
appropriate solutions from established options.
- Build collaborative relationships with peers and other
healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate
objectives. -License/Certifications:BLS-Basic Life Support
Healthcare Provider - American Heart
(Required)Job Shift:DaysSchedule:Full TimeShift Hours:8Days of the
Week:Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, WednesdayWeekend
Non-ExemptWeekly Hours:40Employee Status:RegularNumber of
Openings:1Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers
EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Schedule/Shift: Regular/ Days
Keywords: Sutter Health, San Francisco , Medical Assistant- Specialties Float Pool (Travel required), Healthcare , Lafayette, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!