Adjunct Nursing Faculty
Company: Bryant & Stratton College
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Bryant & Stratton College Adjunct Nursing Faculty teach three
(3) to fourteen (14) contact hours of clinical/ lab/lecture classes
in one or more areas depending on background and experience:
Fundamentals, Pharmacology, Medical/Surgical, Geriatric, Pediatric,
Maternal/Child/Family, Mental Health, Research,
Management/Leadership, Community, Nutrition, and/or Lifespan
Development courses.As a clinical support/instructor you will be
responsible to maintain direct supervision of students during
patient care in the clinical area as the students complete the
clinical phase of specific courses, communicate, and collaborate
with other faculty, contribute to the development of students'
clinical knowledge, skills, and behaviors, complete evaluation of
the students' performance in the delivery of patient care in the
patient setting. Other duties listed below:
- Collaborate with nursing faculty in developing and evaluating
course curriculum, learning support, and assessments.
- Implement and evaluate strategies for improved student
retention and success.
- Other related duties as required.
- Strong time management, problem solving, conflict management,
cultural diversity, analytic, adaptability, and creativity
- To reinforce classroom instruction and contribute to the
development of students' clinical knowledge, skills, and behaviors,
- Provide direction, supervision, and reinforcement of classroom
instruction in the clinical area.
- Help to clarify the expectations and objectives of the clinical
- Select clients and/or experiences according to the clinical
focus as outlined in the course syllabus.
- Actively participate in reinforcing clinical procedures.
- Assist students with clinical data interpretation.
- Conduct pre and post conferences for clinical days.
- Supervise students during clinical hours and hold them
accountable to the program policies and standards of their
- Record and maintain anecdotes of strengths and concerns related
to student performance.
- Provide ongoing constructive verbal and written feedback to
students regarding their clinical performance.
- Attend mandatory faculty, program, and college meetings.
- Inform the Program Director of Associate Degree Nursing or
Nursing Program Coordinator of any agency or student
- To assist the primary faculty member for the course and
contribute to the evaluation of students' clinical knowledge,
skills, and behaviors:
- Provide written documentation of clinical performance on the
clinical evaluation tool at midterm and at the end of each semester
and provide these completed evaluation tools to the supervising
faculty member for course grading purposes.
- Hold private conferences with students for the review of
clinical performance evaluations.
- Maintain currency in the specialty area through periodic
reading, seminar attendance, instructional development program
attendance, and/or work experience.
- Knowledge, Skills and Experiences
- Preferred candidates will preferably have 2 years' teaching
experience, evidence of interdisciplinary collaboration, and work
with diverse populations. Successful teaching experience at the
college level, student evaluations, course documentation, etc. is
- Non-teaching professional job experience strongly
- We will be offering education and apprenticing to nurses who
meet all the other requirements and have a strong desire to
transition to nursing education.
- Working knowledge of computer software (e-mail, Microsoft Word,
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development and student
- Commitment to continuous curriculum enhancement and application
of best practices
- Strong team player
- Ability to make meaningful and positive connections with
diverse student body in a career college environment
- Active unencumbered Registered Nursing license within the
- Master of Science Degree in Nursing required
- Follow the requirements and credentials of the Board of Nursing
within the state.
- Completion of an approved/accredited registered nursing program
according to the Board of Nursing requirements within the
state.QualificationsSkillsRequired Team Player Advanced
BehaviorsRequiredDetail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given
task with all details necessary to get the task done well
MotivationsRequiredAbility to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform
well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or
the organization EducationRequiredMasters or better in
Nursing.ExperienceRequired2 years: Preferably 2 years teaching
Keywords: Bryant & Stratton College, San Francisco , Adjunct Nursing Faculty, Healthcare , Albany, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!