West Coast Laboratory Applications Specialist
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Your OpportunityTo support the expanded application of Artel
technology and continued growth of our customer base throughout the
country, we are adding a Laboratory Applications Specialist to our
Technical Services team. This elite group leads the industry in
solving liquid handling process and assay issues critical to
laboratory productivity and the data integrity of test results. In
this position, you will work closely with our customer laboratories
using and conducting training seminars for customers on both
automated and manual liquid handling instrumentation. You will team
up with RD&E and Sales/Marketing to support Artel products and
apply new applications. You will also deliver the newly ISO 17025
accredited Artel Liquid Handling Services - ranging from training
laboratory technologists in liquid handling best practices (for
pipettes and automated liquid handlers) to verification and
optimization of customers' automated liquid handler processes,
working with virtually the full range of robotic platforms in the
industry.As part of the Artel family, you will see how Artel
strives to create a work environment that motivates and inspires
all of our employees to be the best they can be, and to achieve
goals which are personally meaningful, which make a difference to
the world, and of which they can be proud. Employees rate the
company culture, team spirit and support of career opportunities as
key elements to their professional growth and their personal job
- Providing customized liquid handler performance verification
services using the Artel MVS technology.
- Assisting customers with troubleshooting and optimizing their
liquid handling instrumentation and assays.
- Performing Artel systems installations, validations and
trainings for customers in the field.
- Delivering product demonstrations and supporting product trials
at customer sites.
- Educating customers on the proper usage of liquid handling
equipment, both automated and manual pipettes.
- Interpreting and analyzing customer needs; developing new
solutions, writing application notes and educating customers in
their beneficial usage.
- Assisting with account development by maintaining strong
relationships with Artel's customers and seeking out additional
contacts to expand our reach within accounts.
- Promoting use of Artel products and services to assist
customers in optimizing lab productivity and maintaining
- Supporting Artel trade show, technical meeting, best practices
workshop and market development programs.
- Assisting with conception and development of new Artel product
and service offerings.
- Territory: Predominant focus is West Coast. Occasional travel
elsewhere as needed. Preferred candidate will be in the San
Francisco, CA area.Qualifications
- First-hand knowledge of liquid handling instrumentation (both
automated liquid handlers and manual pipettes) and familiarity with
associated processes, method development and applications.
- Previous tenure with laboratory robotics company desired.
- Proven skill with assay development, optimization and
automation of assays preferred.
- Superior communication skills in speech and writing.
- Ability to travel to customer sites, tradeshows, technical
meetings, and to the Artel home office.
- Record of success in capacities where there is a premium on
self-motivation, organization, multi-tasking, prioritization, and
- PC literate, and proficient in Microsoft Office and Windows, as
it relates to installations and scientific applications.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM software
- Experience with audits, and familiarity with regulations and
standards such as GMP, GLP, ISO and FDA.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without the need for employer
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination required. Education and
- Graduate degree in sciences preferred (MS, PhD).
- Minimum of three years of industry experience in laboratory,
technical services or technical sales.
- Consideration will be applied to a candidate having a strong
record of previous field service/application support experience, in
lieu of graduate degree.
Keywords: Artel, San Francisco , West Coast Laboratory Applications Specialist, Healthcare , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!