Hospice -CERTIFIED NURSE AIDE II- Full Time- Days
Company: Trinity Health
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Employment Type:Full timeShift:Day ShiftDescription:Position
Summary:The Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) assists nursing personnel in
providing basic care for residents and necessary unit tasks and
functions. Works under the direction of the Registered Professional
Nurse or LPN. Carries out assignments as instructed in a safe,
appropriate and timely manner and accountable for all resident care
giving during the shift. Demonstrates St. Peter's Health Partners
Mission and Core Values.Education Requirements:
- Must be able to read, write and speak English; High School
Diploma or equivalent life-experience preferred.
- Must be a licensed Certified Nursing Assistant in accordance
with New York State.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a sincere
desire to serve others.
- Must be able to related information concerning a resident's
- Must have patience, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as
well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must possess the ability to work professional with other staff,
residents, family members, and outside agencies/visitors.Experience
- Experience in service delivery in the health care, business or
domestic field is preferred. Supervisory Responsibilities:Number of
Staff Supervised: 0FTEs Supervised: 0Job Titles of Staff
Supervised: Level of Supervisory Responsibility (Check all that
apply):Serves as technical expert to group of peersAssigns work and
schedules time offAppraises performanceMakes hire, fire,
disciplinary, and related decisions w/ HR Manager consultHas budget
accountabilityManages through subordinate supervisorsWorking
Conditions and Physical Requirements:Code: N-Never; O-Occasionally
(Exposure to Adverse Working Conditions:O Noise, Noxious Odors,
TemperaturesO Potentially Threatening Abusive ClientsO Hazardous
MaterialsO Communicable DiseasesPhysical Conditions:F Close Eye
Work (computers, typing, reading, writing)O Sedentary (continuous
sitting)F Light Work (standing, walking, lifting F Moderate Work
(lifting up to a maximum of 35 pounds, prolonged use of small hand
instruments)F Moderately Heavy Work (lifting, moving, loading up to
a maximum of 35 pounds)O Heavy/Hard Work (above average strength
and stamina, lifting up to a maximum of 35 pounds)Job Specific
CompetenciesPrincipal Responsibilities:Maintain standards of
Nursing Care; performs selected resident care as directed by the RN
or LPN while maintaining the dignity of the resident and in
accordance with policies, procedures, and regulations. Follow work
assignments, and/or work schedules in completing and performing
assigned tasks. Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth,
personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm
environment through the unit and shift. Provide Resident Care;
- Assists resident with hygiene needs (baths, mouth care, hair
care, removes facial hair-shaving, nail care, back care).
- Must have reliable DMV license and reliable transportation to
get to site to site.
- Assists with feeding of those residents able to chew and
swallow without difficulty.
- Employs special oral feeding techniques for residents with
- Measures intake and output accurately and documents on
worksheet and graphic sheet.
- Check and report bowel movements and character of stools as
- Performs routine colostomy care.
- Answer resident calls promptly.
- Ensure that residents who are unable to call for help are
- Weighs resident using upright, chair and bed scale.
- Measure and record temperatures, pulse, and respirations, as
- Maintains safety measures.
- Transfers or weighs residents using appropriate lift.
- Assists residents in use of bathroom, shower urinal, bedpan and
commode for residents.
- Keep residents dry (i.e. change gown, clothing, linen, etc.
when it becomes wet or soiled).
- Change bed linens, make beds, provide extra covers as
requested. Keep linens tight to avoid wrinkles from forming under
- Ambulates residents, including those using canes and walkers,
- Assist in transporting residents to/from appointments, activity
and social programs, etc.
- Position bedfast residents in correct and comfortable position,
assist with turning residents, and assist with lifting, turning,
moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out of
beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Performs skin assessment and notifies Charge Nurse of any
abnormalities in skin integrity.
- Measures and documents vital signs and weights. Report any
variation in vital signs and weights. Report any variation in vital
signs to Charge Nurse.
- Apply cold packs and warm compresses.
- Upholds residents Bill of Rights.
- Documents resident-related tasks in appropriate records.
- Assists with post mortem care and discharge of resident
- Assists with post mortem care and caring for personal
belongings of the deceased.Attend and participate in scheduled
training, in-services, and educational classes a required. Maintain
confidentiality of all resident care information. Other duties as
assigned. Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and
InclusionTrinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens
of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because
we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to
recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language
preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve
and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We
also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and
perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to
innovative solutions.Trinity Health's dedication to diversity
includes a unified workforce (through training and education,
recruitment, retention and development), commitment and
accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier
Keywords: Trinity Health, San Francisco , Hospice -CERTIFIED NURSE AIDE II- Full Time- Days, Healthcare , Albany, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!