Front Desk clerk / Reception / Health Promoter -
Company: Dolores Street Community Services
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition: Health PromoterSite/Program: Mission
InnReports to: Program DirectorCompensation: $22 per hour.
Full-time, exempt position. Benefits include medical, dental,
vision, long-term disability, life insurance and optional
retirement, flexible spending account, commuter benefits, and
generous vacation with Summer Recess and Winter Recess. Deadline:
Immediately interviewing on a rolling basis until position is
filled. About the Organization:Dolores Street Community Services
(DSCS) has been growing rapidly, therefore, we have created a lot
of new positions in different programs. Please consider joining our
team to serve the communities. DSCS nurtures individual wellness
and cultivates collective power among low-income and immigrant
communities to create a more just society. As a multi-issue,
multi-strategy organization, we work to improve lives on an
individual level as well as affect broader social change by
engaging in advocacy and community organizing. We work together
across programs to address homelessness, lack of affordable
housing, and to support immigrant rights in order to meet the
complex needs of our communities and collectively address the root
causes of suffering and injustice. To learn more about our
organization's model and impact, we encourage you to watch the
following video.Position Summary:Dolores Street Community Services,
a progressive social justice organization dedicated to promoting a
just and inclusive society, is seeking a Human Resources Associate.
DSCS is in its 40th year of operation with almost 150 employees and
a budget of $14.5 million dollars. Mission Inn is a 52-units
supportive residential hotel for youth. We emphasize community
building and resident participation. The Mission Inn team provides
tenants with opportunities to participate in a variety of community
activities, utilizing group environments that will help them share
and access information, develop positive support networks, and
engage in the broader community. This position requires working
onsite daily. Position Summary:The Health Promoter is responsible
for supporting the health and well-being of residents at the
Mission Inn. In terms of site operations, they will monitor and
maintain site safety, respond to emergencies, manage conflict
resolution, and provide administrative support. They will also work
one-on-one with residents to provide health education and treatment
adherence support. The ideal candidates will have professional
and/or lived experience related to HIV/AIDS, youth, and health
- Screen all visitors and act as the first point of contact for
residents and guests.
- Establish a welcoming and client-centered environment, while
demonstrating high quality customer service.
- Oversee all building activity, providing support to challenging
situations, crisis intervention, and de-escalation.
- Respond to emergencies by following the appropriate
- Promote compliance of program policies and House Rules,
documenting incident reports in a timely manner.
- Provide health education and treatment adherence support to
residents, many of whom will be managing their medications
independently for the first time.
- Collaborate with the Lead Health Promoter and Clinical Social
Worker to coordinate care, services, and referrals needed.
- Assist with the coordination of house meetings and community
- Provide additional administrative support to the program and/or
property management needs.
- Participate in staff training, staff meetings, and staff
development activities as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Position Requirements:
- At least 2 years of direct service experience in case
management, health education, or a similar field.
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience working with individuals
living with HIV/AIDS or those experiencing homelessness.
- Bilingual (written and oral) in Spanish preferred but not
- Experience with crisis intervention, establishing boundaries,
conflict resolution, and de-escalation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a
- Proficiency with basic computer programs including Microsoft
Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- An understanding of intersectionality and the needs of
communities impacted by homelessness in San Francisco.
- A strong commitment to housing justice, as well as inclusive
and multi-cultural programming.
- COVID vaccination required.How to Apply If you are qualified
and interested in applying, please submit your resume, cover
letter, salary requirements and three professional references,
including a supervisorial reference to
https://dscs.isolvedhire.com/jobs/ . Immediately interviewing on a
rolling basis until position is filled. Please visit our web site
for additional information on our organization at:
www.dscs.orgDolores Street Community Services is an
equal-opportunity employer which values lived experience and seeks
applicants of the greatest diversity possible. We encourage people
of color, women, older people, members of the LGBTQ community, and
individuals with disabilities, including HIV and community members
who grew up in the Mission. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance
Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants
with arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: Dolores Street Community Services, San Francisco , Front Desk clerk / Reception / Health Promoter -, Healthcare , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!