Therapist - Adult MH Outpatient
Company: HEALTHRIGHT 360
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: May 16, 2022
This is a union position.Utilizing a gender responsive, trauma
informed approach, therapists provide individual therapy and
telehealth sessions to clients in an outpatient treatment setting.
Therapists will collaborate with SUD staff to assist clients in
obtaining entitlement benefits, housing, and other services in the
community and participate in discharge planning. Therapists also
provide crisis management, facilitate hospitalizations if needed
and make other appropriate urgent referrals. Therapists should be
familiar with substance use disorders and the interaction with
mental health symptoms. Therapists will be billing Medi-Cal for
client services and will be required to document in San Francisco
County's Avatar electronic health records system as well as
HealthRIGHT 360's own EHR system.
Individual Treatment Responsibilities: Provides weekly individual
therapy and telehealth sessions to clients in outpatient setting,
and to their partners and families when clinically appropriate.
Maintains confidentiality while working as part of a treatment team
and adhering with program norms. Participates in case conferences,
treatment planning and clinical discussions to provide holistic
care. Communicates with prescribing psychiatrists regarding
psychotropic medication compliance, side effects, follow up
appointments.Treatment Setting Responsibilities: Coordinates
discharge planning with client's SUD counselor (if needed).
Provides consultation to staff regarding symptom management, mental
health conditions and crisis intervention strategies. Attends staff
and agency meetings. Participates in agency trainings as required.
Complies with Board requirements for license
registration/renewal.Documentation Responsibilities: Conducts
assessments, completes ANSAs, develops treatment plans, completes
intake, release and consent forms, billing and reporting paperwork
in hard copy and online in various electronic systems. In addition,
completes Medi-Cal documentation and billing. Documents individual
and group services delivered in various electronic systems in
accordance with guidelines established by HealthRIGHT 360 to
satisfy internal and external evaluating requirements. Reviews
monthly quality record reviews and corrects any chart errors.And,
other duties as assigned.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education and Experience Required:
- Licensed or Board Registered LMFT or AMFT, LCSW or ACSW, LPCC
or APCC, Psy.D. or Ph.D.
- Minimum two years of experience in co-occurring mental health,
substance use treatment in an inpatient or outpatient community
mental health setting.Desired:
- Licensed clinician.Background Clearance Required:
- Must not be on active parole or probation, clear with OIG
- Culturally competent and able to work with a diverse
- Knowledge of DBT, CBT, MI and trauma based treatment highly
- Understanding of co-occurring mental health and substance use
- Knowledge of clinical documentation (treatment plans, progress
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications,
specifically Word, Outlook and internet applications
- Ability to enter data into various electronic systems while
maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of
interdisciplinary team and independently assume
- Professionalism, punctuality, flexibility and reliability are
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and excellent organization skills.
- Outstanding ability to follow-through with tasks.In compliance
with the California Department of Public Health's mandate, all
employees must be able to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Medical and religious exemptions are available.Tag: IND100
Keywords: HEALTHRIGHT 360, San Francisco , Therapist - Adult MH Outpatient, Healthcare , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!