Community Health Worker
Company: 3rd Street Youth Center & Clinic
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Description3rd Street Youth Center & Clinic is a
community-based agency providing youth in the Bayview Hunters Point
with medical and behavioral health services that encourage them to
make decisions that support their health, safety, and development.
3rd Street Youth Center & Clinic also manages a number of
successful Transitional Age Youth (TAY) housing stabilization
programs and one of the city's few Youth Access Points.We are
seeking a knowledgeable Community Health Worker to design targeted
health education programs for our community, and provide
client-centered health education. In this role, your duties will
include working directly with youth to support them in meeting
their health goals, gathering data and developing health education
initiatives aimed at promoting health equity, wellness, and a
healthy environment. The Community Health Worker should possess
extensive experience in developing health education programs and
involving the community in healthcare initiatives.Duties &
- Conducting assessments and surveys to determine youths' health
- Collaborating with health specialists and community partners to
set goals and achieve sustainable results.
- Developing plans and policies to support youth in achieving
their health education objectives, and monitoring progress.
- Designing and distributing health education materials and aids,
including pamphlets, notices, video, and audio clips, images, and
- Facilitating health education events, workshops, conferences,
- Promoting health education initiatives via press releases,
media campaigns, social media platforms, and websites.
- Identifying strategic partnerships with organizations and
stakeholders that promote health education.
- Coordinating grant applications to obtain funding for health
- Documenting activities, recording information, and maintaining
databases, as well as overseeing health education program staff and
- Providing staff, community agencies, and organizations with
access to health education resources.About you:
- Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities (SKA):
- Advanced ability to plan, implement, monitor, and evaluate
health education programs.
- Ability to develop educational materials and aids, and to
promote and present health education initiatives.
- Exceptional ability to achieve sustainable health education
- Extensive experience in fostering strategic partnerships and
- Ability to document processes, maintain databases, and provide
access to resources.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of science in public health, or similar.
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in healthcare education.
- Experience collecting and analyzing data, as well as
formulating objectives.General info:
- This position is a salaried, exempt, and full-time role.
- This position is located in our main office in the Bayview/
Hunters Point district in San Francisco.
- This position reports to the Rising Up Program
Manager.Compensation and benefits:
- This position has an annual salary of $65,000.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health,
dental, vision, 403b, generous time off (vacation, sick, and
holidays), and more! 3rd Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without
regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation,
partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression,
marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity,
alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, age,
disability, or any other legally protected basis. Pursuant to the
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance we will consider for employment
qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: 3rd Street Youth Center & Clinic, San Francisco , Community Health Worker, Healthcare , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!