Staff Nurse II - Emergency Department
Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Position Overview:Job Summary: -**Sign-on Bonus: $10,000
Available to external candidates in accordance with Sutter Health
policy** -Responsible for providing direct patient care to specific
patient populations effectively using the nursing process -
Assessment, Planning, Implementation & Continual Reassessment - as
the foundation for care delivery. Serves as a patient advocate;
effectively coordinates care and continually promotes safety and
clinical / service quality in daily practice. -Job
- Demonstrates an understanding of the principals of evidenced
- Demonstrates knowledge of pathophysiology of patient population
- Demonstrate knowledge of pharmacological implications of
- Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory issues relevant to nursing
- Demonstrates understanding of service line disease specific
- Conducts thorough patient assessments.
- Accurately and thoroughly documents assessment data.
- Performs clinical procedures (IV's, foley insertion,
- Provides effective patient and family education tailored to age
specific learning needs.
- Meets standard in proper use of clinical technologies and
equipment (telemetry monitoring, IV, PCA pumps, ventilators).
- Meets standards in safe medication administration.Critical
- Interprets assessment data accurately.
- Recognizes important changes in patient condition /
- Is able to anticipate risk and take appropriate action.
- Decision making is based on use of the nursing process.
- Recognizes when to ask for assistance.Patient Safety
- Role models CPMC's safety behaviors.
- Recognizes unsafe practices by self and others and initiates
- Incorporates national patient safety goals into daily
- Reports errors and near misses.
- Follows established clinical protocols to ensure patient safety
- - for example Falls Prevention, Restraints, Pressure Ulcer
Prevention. Leadership and Professionalism
- Acts as patient advocate.
- Works well independently and as part of a team.
- Accepts constructive feedback.
- Role models service excellence.
- Is accountable for professional requirements of licensure and
- Maintains a professional appearance and consistently conducts
self in a professional manner.Management of Responsibilities -
- Keeps track of multiple responsibilities.
- Sets appropriate priorities, takes initiative and conducts
necessary follow up.
- Delegates appropriately.
- Completes tasks within expected timeframe.
- Incorporates cost effectiveness into daily practice.
- Accepts and performs other duties as assigned based on
- Graduated from an accredited School of Nursing required
- BSN preferrredLicensures/Certificates:
- Registered Nurse - State Licensure - RN required
- Basic Life Support Certification - BLS required
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider - NRP preferred
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support - ACLS required
- Pediatric Adv Life Support - PASL requiredExp: - - - - -1 year
ED exp in the last 5 years.Organization:California Pacific Medical
CenterEmployee Status: RegularEmployee Referral Bonus: NoBenefits:
YesPosition Status: Non-ExemptUnion: YesJob Shift: EveningShift
Hours:12 Hour ShiftDays of the Week Scheduled:Varied DaysWeekend
Requirements: Every Other WeekendSchedule: Part TimeHrs Per 2wk Pay
Period:72Applications Accepted:InternalSchedule/Shift: Part Time/
Keywords: Sutter Health, San Francisco , Staff Nurse II - Emergency Department, Healthcare , Lafayette, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!