Charge Nurse II - Scotts Valley Medical Offices - Adult Primary Care - On Call
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Location: Scotts Valley
Posted on: May 15, 2022
As a leader of the health care team, directs shift-to-shift and/or
departmental operations and provides professional nursing care,
including utilizing the nursing process in accordance with
established standards of care, policies, and procedures.
Participates in effective resource allocation by assuring
appropriate patient assignments, staffing, and scheduling. Remains
flexible to changing systems; is expected to demonstrate quality
and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice; and treats
coworkers, patients, families, and all members of the health care
team with dignity and respect.
The Charge Registered Nurse demonstrates proficiency by exhibiting
the following skills, competencies, and behaviors:
- Formulates a goal-directed plan of care when and where
appropriate to do so.
- Implements care in a thorough, skillful, consistent, and
- Establishes patient care priorities based on essential patient
needs and availability of unit resources (time, personnel,
equipment, and supplies).
- Identifies patient/family learning needs and acts to meet
- Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to patient/family
rights, age specific needs, cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the
health care team, patients, and families.
- Prioritizes, delegates, and supervises work assignments
appropriately to ensure completion of patient care
- Evaluates effectiveness of care given by team members.
- Utilizes effective communication methods and skills, following
lines of authority, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as
identified by the institution.
- Performs efficiently in emergency situations following
established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate
persons, and documenting events.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own
- Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit
and department personnel.
- Participates in unit and department Performance Improvement
- Identifies and solves problems effectively.
- Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with
patients, families, and all members of the health care
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers and
telecommunication modalities in documenting, tracking and conveying
- Upholds Kaiser Permanentes Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities, and applicable state, federal and local
- Provides professional leadership and direction of department
personnel in order to maintain efficient delivery of effective
- Demonstrates a professional, supportive attitude.
- Champions new ideas.
- Leads and directs others through the change process.
- Mentors, orients, and coaches others in unit specific
operations and patient care activities.
- Shares responsibility and authority with subordinates and holds
them accountable for performance.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and resolve problems in
collaboration with work team and with other departments.
- Complies with regulatory requirements, policies, procedures,
and standards of practice.
- Practices customer service standards as defined by the Service
Area, Medical Center, and specified department.
- Assists members who are less than satisfied with their
experience by listening and taking responsibility within their
scope to ensure that the issue is resolved.
- Makes appropriate referrals and facilitates the customers
ability to utilize resources.
- Maintains and protects patient confidentiality.
- Assures a clean, orderly, and functional work environment.
- The incumbent motivates and provides clinical direction to
other employees, but does not have the authority to hire, fire,
discipline, nor effective input into such.
- At least two (2) years practicing as a Registered Nurse
- High School Diploma/GEDGraduate of an accredited registered
nursing program and completion of the current hours required by the
BRN of RN student clinical experience; OR Graduate of registered
nursing program and either 1) 2000 hours of RN experience in
clinical area of specialty from a licensed acute care facility
within three (3) years of graduation; or 2) graduate of an
accredited licensed vocational nursing program that includes
clinical student experience in acute care and has worked 2000 hours
as a licensed vocational nurse within the clinical area of
specialty within three (3) years before graduation.License,
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- Basic Life Support
Demonstrated knowledge of the RN scope of practice
- Demonstrated commitment to service orientation (members, staff,
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the
appropriate collective bargaining agreementPreferred
PrimaryLocation : California,Scotts Valley,Scotts Valley Medical
HoursPerWeek : 1
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
WorkingHoursStart : 08:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 08:30 AM
Job Schedule : Call-in/On-Call
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : A10-NNU-California Nurse's
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Department : Scotts Valley Medical Offices - Adult Primary
Care-Unit H - 0206
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, San Francisco , Charge Nurse II - Scotts Valley Medical Offices - Adult Primary Care - On Call, Healthcare , Scotts Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!