Triage Advice Nurse OBGYN Limited Term
Company: Sutter Health
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Nurses at Sutter Health are at the core of our relationships
with patients and families, who trust us to provide them with the
personalized care they deserve at the most vulnerable moments of
their lives. Our nurses helped create and embrace Sutter's Nursing
Philosophy of Care, a foundation that blends with Sutter's core
values to provide nurses with a unique and diverse environment
where they can reach their full potential. No matter what stage of
your career, you'll find a culture where we care about one another
and offer a vast range of choices and possibilities to work with
some of the most talented clinicians in the country.
- JOB TYPE: Full Time
- JOB LEVEL: All Levels
- TRAVEL: Home Health & Hospice Only Paid Time Off Holidays, sick
days, leaves of absence Continuing Education Tuition Reimbursement
and Professional Development Corporate Discount and Perks Exclusive
pricing and discounts at a variety of retailers Responsibilities
Job ID SPMF-2103011 Date Posted 03/24/2021 Location San Francisco,
California Schedule/ShiftFull Time/ Day Position Overview:
Practices registered nursing within a care center and/or via the
telephone utilizing the nursing process, input from clinicians, and
the organizationally approved nursing guidelines/ protocols within
scope of practice. Must meet established benchmarks as defined by
care center standards
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required
- Three-five years of practical nursing experience required
- Ambulatory, outpatient or emergency room care experience
- One-two years of practical experience as an RN in a physician's
office or medical office setting preferred.
- Registered Nurse - State Licensure - RN required
- Basic Life Support Certification - Healthcare Provider -
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support - ACLS preferred
- Knowledge of scope of practice for RNs in the State of
- Professional knowledge of clinical nursing protocols with
emphasis in the areas of disease processes, emergencies, health
sciences, and pharmacology.
- Knowledge and understanding of managed care concepts strongly
- Knowledge of what medical symptomology constitutes
- Knowledge of medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Knowledge of clinical protocols for vital signs.
- Knowledge of normal values for vital signs (BP, Pulse,
- Knowledge of medical positioning for patients.
- Knowledge of scheduling practices/referrals for physician
- Knowledge of effective teamwork practices between front and
back office staff.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a complex fast-paced environment and
take appropriate actions in emergent situations.
- Must be able to work within established timeframes with
attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrates high level of skill in creative problem solving,
setting priorities and the ability to use these skills in an
environment where the nature of patient inquiries is
- Ability to type and demonstrate computer skills.
- Demonstrated and proficient skills in all steps of the nursing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal
relationship skills, provision of care, and provision of advice and
instruction via telephone.
- Customer service/people skills sufficient to deal with patients
on the telephone who need reassurance and/or advice regarding
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other healthcare team
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities in the medical
- Ability to type 35-40 words per minute and feel comfortable
with clinical setting computer operations.
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack,
transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as
hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for
Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Organization: Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation
Employee Status: Limited Term
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
Applications Accepted: All Applications Accepted
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers
EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans Apply Now Apply Later Fraud Alert:
Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn
more Join our Talent Network and get Sutter Health news and job
alerts delivered to your inbox. First Name Last Name Email Address
Phone Number Select a job category and/or location from the list of
options, and click "Add". You can continue to add multiple
categories and locations. Once you are satisfied with your alert
criteria, click "Sign up" to start receiving alerts. *Job Category
*Location Specialty Function
- Nursing and Advance Practice, San Francisco, California, United
States Remove Text Opt-in By submitting your information, you
receive email and/or SMS messaging communication from Sutter
Health. You may be charged by your wireless provider in connection
with the receipt of the message. Are you a Sutter Health Employee
who knows someone ready to pioneer the change with us? Enter your
email below and then use the share icons above to make the
referral. Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find
a career at Sutter.
Keywords: Sutter Health, San Francisco , Triage Advice Nurse OBGYN Limited Term, Healthcare , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!