Research Associate III, Immuno-Oncology Research
Company: Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc.
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Research Associate III, Immuno-Oncology Research
- South San Francisco, CA, USA
- Full-time Company Description Five Prime is a clinical stage
biotechnology company relentlessly focused on rewriting the
narrative for people with cancer. By tackling the tough scientific
questions and untapped pathways, we aim to offer new hope by
developing novel, breakthrough therapies that have potential to
alter the course of disease in cancers with few treatment options.
This vision is what defines us, and guides our research, clinical
development and partnerships. To build a better tomorrow for people
with cancer, we are teaming up with patients, physicians,
scientists, and industry partners to make a meaningful difference
in patients' lives. Five Prime collaborates with leading global
pharmaceutical companies and has therapies in pre-clinical and
clinical development. For more information, please
visit--www.fiveprime.com . At Five Prime, we are relentlessly
focused on rewriting the narrative for people with cancer. We
tackle the tough scientific challenges with optimism and courage.
Rather than pursue the well-trodden path, we explore untapped
pathways that have potential to deliver truly novel, breakthrough
treatments for cancers with few options. Together with patients,
physicians, scientists, and industry partners we start each day
looking for ways to advance science and use our expertise to
develop cancer treatments that provide a fresh start and renewed
hope for people facing the challenges of cancer. We do things in a
way that truly matters for patients. We embrace this spirit with
pride; with action over words. We bring boldness, passion and
commitment to each decision in the fight against cancer, however
big or small. We are committed to transforming a cancer diagnosis
from a foregone conclusion to a more hopeful future. Let's rewrite
the cancer story. Together. Job Description This position offers an
exciting opportunity to work as part of the IO Research team and
with clinical research team members to develop novel anti-tumor
agents. This individual will play a critical role in advancing lead
antibody candidate molecules through IND-enabling studies.
- Perform--in vitro--assays to dissect the mechanism of action
for therapeutic molecules targeting T cells and myeloid cells
- Generate stable cell lines, verify target expression and
perform downstream cell binding and functional assays--to
characterize and ensure quality of test articles
- Collaborate with the other scientists/ project leads to
complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Contribute to laboratory organization and management of cell
banks, antibody stocks, reagents etc.
- Execute experiments and scientific tasks with scientific rigor
- Maintain detailed records of experimental procedures and data
in an electronic laboratory notebook.
- Communicate experimental results to collaborators and present
data in team meetings. Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. in Immunology, Cell Biology or equivalent
scientific discipline with at least 3+ years (with M.S.) or 5+
years of related experience in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or
academic setting is required. The ideal candidate will have
relevant hands-on research experience of 1-3 years in an industry
- A minimum of 3 years' experience with independent operation of
an analytical flow cytometer and data analysis using FlowJo is
- A minimum of 3 years' experience with the isolation and
culturing of primary human immune cells, set-up of primary immune
cell assays, acquisition and analysis of immunological read-outs
using methods such as flow cytometry or ELISA is required.
- Experience with gene expression and cell transfections methods
is highly desired.
- Experience with the culturing of cell lines using aseptic
technique is required.
- Ability to collaborate effectively cross-functionally and in a
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interpret SOPs and laboratory
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic
- Exceptional attention to detail and consistent delivery of
- A strong desire and aptitude for learning. At FivePrime, we
believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are
always working to create an environment where different backgrounds
and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes
employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection,
without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion,
sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
age, veteran status or disability. Research Associate III,
Keywords: Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc., San Francisco , Research Associate III, Immuno-Oncology Research, Healthcare , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!