Physician (Home Care Coordination)
Company: Health eCareers
Location: Pleasant Hill
Posted on: February 25, 2021
The incumbent will serve VA patients in the Bay Area as part of an
interdisciplinary team providing clinical care to medically complex
Veterans in their homes. The HCC Program has been instrumental in
the provision of outstanding services to veterans with documented
outcomes including significant reductions in readmissions and
outstanding clinical performance measures, and Veteran satisfaction
that lead the nation.
Duties to include:
(1) Assuming overall medical responsibility for assigned HCC
(2) Serving, when indicated, as the medical care provider and
collaborative physician for advanced practice nurses and physician
assistants and serve as back-up for other HCC primary care
(3) Identifying a patient's medical problems.
(4) Defining the medical management of a patient's medical
(5) Determining the need for consultation from medical, surgical,
or psychiatric or other subspecialty clinics.
(6) Determining the need for and facilitating admission to the
hospital and other transitions of care.
(7) Visiting the HCC patients at home for medical evaluation and
treatment when clinically indicated.
(8) Providing medical administrative support such as completing
physician required orders and forms for the HCC patients.
(9) Planning and directing the educational and clinical experience
of medical students, residents, and fellows assigned to the HCC
Program, when indicated.
(10) Assuming a leadership role in the development and
implementation of HCC's process for continuous performance
(11) Being readily available to the team members for collaboration
when clinical or program issues arise.
(12) Participating in the development of the individual plan of
care at interdisciplinary care meetings for primary care provider
assigned panel of patients.Travel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status
- Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer Requirements
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is
not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online
- Must pass pre-employment physical examinationQualifications
Applicants pending the completion of educational or
certification/licensure requirements may be referred and
tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed
when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance
with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting
from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The
degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by
the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course
of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or
surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United
States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved
by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core
specialty training program leading to eligibility for board
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.Preferred Experience:At
least two years clinical experience post-residency. A subspecialty
certification or eligibility in palliative care and/or
Reference:VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II,
Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in
the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements:Physical requirements: Applicants must meet
physical standards for the position. A physical examination prior
to placement is required. This is a designated drug testing
position. After appointment, you will be subject to random testing
for illegal drug use. Requires lifting 15-44 pounds; pushing
(approx. 2 hours); reaching above shoulder; use of fingers and both
hands; walking and standing from 3-5 hours and kneeling. Ability
for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously. Must
have depth perception and ability to distinguish basic colors and
shades of colors. Hearing aid is permitted.Education
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of
Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or
institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can
verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/ . If
you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements,
you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your
transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For
.BenefitsA career with the U.S. Government provides employees with
a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and
your family will have access to a range of benefits that are
designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more
about federal benefits. Contact Information Show Contact Details We
are seeking excellent, BC/BE, Family Medicine physicians to join
our team in San Ramon, California.) TPMG is one of the largest
medical groups in the nation with over 9,000 physicians, 22 medical
centers, numerous clinics throughout Northern and Central
California and an over 70-year tradition of providing quality
medical care.) TPMG is currently seeking excellent BC/BE Family
Medicine physicians to join us at our Oakland, California
Keywords: Health eCareers, San Francisco , Physician (Home Care Coordination), Healthcare , Pleasant Hill, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!