Investigational Drug Services Pharmacy Manager
Company: University of California San Francisco
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Investigational Drug Services Pharmacy Manager Pharmacy -
Investigational Drug Service Full Time 57423BR Job Summary Manages
pharmacy operations to achieve quality, service, and productivity
objectives. Ensures staff adheres to internal policy and external
regulations for the medication use process, including prescribing,
drug preparation, storage, dispensing, administration and
monitoring. Department Description The Department of Pharmaceutical
Services at UCSF has long been nationally recognized as one of the
founding fathers for clinical pharmacy services, which was
established in 1965. Today, the department continues to lead the
profession through the integration of advanced technology &
robotics, comprehensive pharmaceutical care and clinical services.
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree (Pharm D) or equivalent
- Post grad 1 In Pharmacy Practice or Hospital Administration, or
equivalent experience preferred.
- Registered Pharmacist in the State of California.
- Current BLS or ACLS certification.
- Knowledge in Pharmacy practice and industry best practices in
optimizing the use of medication to treat patients. Stays updated
on pharmacy regulations, drug products, and developments in
research and design.
- Knowledge of relevant Pharmacy Department, medical center, and
UC policies and protocols including medicine storage, safety, and
patient privacy and treatment. Knowledge of all pharmacy federal
and state laws and regulations.
- Leadership skills in employee supervision and HR administration
to effectively lead and motivate others. Conflict resolution skills
to resolve personnel issues and counsel assigned staff to develop
cooperative working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
in a complex, challenging environment.
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility, anticipates and
effectively handles change. Customer service orientation to respond
quickly and with empathy to patient issues.
- Ability to organize operations in an efficient and effective
manner through improving workflow systems and protocols.
- Ability to collaborate within and across departments to
coordinate daily Pharmacy activities and resolve problems.
Interpersonal skills to maintain professional relationships with
peers, patients, multidisciplinary team members, senior management,
and assigned staff.--
- Proven analytical abilities and problem solving skills to
quickly evaluate complex issues and identify options for
resolution. Ability to resolve patient issues and find solutions
that satisfy all parties.
- Demonstrated ability to listen actively, consider all points of
view with an open mind, soliciting and incorporating ideas when
- Ability to perform all commonly applicable functions in
clinical documentation applications and pharmacy database
technology. Knowledge of available information technology software
in the pharmaceutical field.
- At least two years of experience in developing and implementing
investigational drug research pharmacy service programs.
- Expertise in reviewing the use of investigational drugs and
judging whether the use confirms to established standards.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures governing the use and
administration of investigational drugs.
- Experience in oncology pharmacy practice.
- Five (5)+ years of related work experience. Preferred
Qualifications . License/Certification
- Registered Pharmacist in the State of California
- Current BLS or ACLS certification About UCSF At UCSF Health,
our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and
pioneering research is redefining what's possible for the patients
we serve - a promise we share with the professionals who make up
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S.
News & World Report - UCSF Health is committed to providing the
most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care
available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous
learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health
offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and
talents. as seventh in the country - UCSF Health is committed to
providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the
best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for
continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF
Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills
and talents. Pride Values UCSF is a diverse community made of
people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work
experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to
our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity
and excellence - also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity - both
in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed
to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that
is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the
provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient
care. Additional information about UCSF is available at
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving
healthcare worldwide. The University of California San Francisco is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or
Keywords: University of California San Francisco, San Francisco , Investigational Drug Services Pharmacy Manager, Healthcare , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!