Mental Health Therapist - Temporary
Company: Point Quest, Inc.
Location: Mill Valley
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Who We Are: Point Quest Pediatrics department focuses on
providing meaningful and functional behavioral, mental health, and
speech and language services to students 5 to 22 years of age.
Pediatrics strives to equip each student with the skills and
strategies needed to successfully execute their academic program in
the least restrictive environment possible. Pediatrics partners
with contracting school districts to assist them in serving their
students who qualify for services and assessments as outlined in
the student's IEP. Why Should You Apply?
- Great opportunity to work with a school campus and to gain
experience working with students with behavioral and emotional
- Feel confident that you are working for a company that truly
cares for its employees and the community of students it provides
- Therapy services at this time are delivered via telehealth and
in-person as permitted by state and local county guidelines.
- Associates will be provided with board required supervision via
- A secure electronic database will be available to schedule
sessions, document session notes, and generate reports.
- Secure videoconferencing software will also be provided for
telehealth services.Position and Location: We are looking for a
temporary employee who is a Licensed Marriage & Family
Therapist/Clinical Social Worker/Professional Clinical Counselor to
provide weekly individual counseling services for approximate 2
students (2 hours of in-person services one day a week plus 1-hour
of telehealth services another day that week) for Phoenix Academy
Charter School located in 160 N San Pedro Rd # B, San Rafael, CA
94903. LMFT/LSW/LPCC (Depending on relevant experience.): $55 - $85
per hourPOSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide individual, group, and/or parent counseling services as
required in each student's Individualized Education Plan
- May also need to provide crisis counseling as needed to
students in distress.
- Document session attendance, progress notes, and communication
with parents/guardians/other service providers via Point Quest
Pediatric Therapies' secure electronic database.
- May need to create Social/Emotional goals for student
- Attend student IEPs to provide updates on student progress and
behavior if requested.
- Completed other duties as assigned.MINIMUM SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE
- Must be an LMFT//LPCC/LCSW, registered and currently in good
standing with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences, and
maintain this registration and standing throughout your
- Preferred experience working within a school setting or with
children with autism and/or behavioral issues.
- Must be able to pass a DOJ/FBI background check.
- Must have a negative test result for Tuberculosis OR a
Tuberculosis Clearance Letter provided by your doctor.
- Ideal candidates can start right away.WORK ENVIRONMENT AND
- Occasional exposure to dust, pollen, and fumes
- Requires frequent reaching, handling, sitting, standing,
walking, hearing, talking, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling,
running, carrying, and lifting 50 or more lbs.
- Must be able to see and hear within normal range with or
- The noise intensity level is moderate to high*This job
description reflects management's assignment of essential job
functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be
assignedPQI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all
qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by
Keywords: Point Quest, Inc., San Francisco , Mental Health Therapist - Temporary, Healthcare , Mill Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!