Company: Amen Clinics, Inc.
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: January 18, 2020
Type Full-Time Regular
Amen Clinics are outpatient health care clinics that have been
providing mental wellness strategies to patients of all ages since
1989. We offer patient-first experiences and customized solutions
to an array of behavioral and psychiatric conditions. This is an
exciting and unique professional opportunity.
The Amen Clinics Psychiatrist provides clinical leadership to
ensure treatment is evidence-based and outcome driven. Each
Psychiatrist has the opportunity to use master's level clinical
historians, psychological testing, neuropsychological screening
tools, functional brain imaging, and emerging treatments such as
TMS and neurofeedback. Amen Clinics offers mentoring on a variety
of integrative methods that will expand your professional
repertoire and our marketing and promotion efforts allow the
multiple opportunities for writing and speaking engagements, if
that appeals to you. Additionally, our clinics provide a healthy
and aesthetically pleasing work environments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the development, promotion and delivery of the
approved Amen Clinics Method to brain health.
- Evaluate and treat patients and families who come to the
clinics using nutraceutical, pharmacological, neurophysiological
and behavioral approaches that enhance the Amen Clinics method to
treating psychiatric and brain illnesses and enhancing overall
- Incorporate clinical history and SPECT scan findings during
- Management of large patient case load: completing timely
reports, maintaining charts, addressing patient concerns, and
ensure the privacy and proper handling of patient information in
accordance with State and Federal regulation.
- Expected to remain current with brain imaging, psychiatric,
pharmaceutical and nutraceutical technologiesCommitment to using
evidence based non-prescription interventions correlated with
research findings by the Amen Clinics, Inc.
- Treatment of patients with:
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorders
- Mood disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Psychotic disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Traumatic brain injury
- Medical issues/hormone imbalances
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Memory and learning issues
- Cognitive impairment
- Autism spectrum disorders
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Board certification in Adult and/or Child and Adolescent
Psychiatry preferred, but not required.
- Trained in addiction and substance abuse.
- Familiar with the strengths and weaknesses of medications (as
well as other interventions).
- Understanding of and, ideally, experience using brain imaging
in clinical practice.
- Experience working in a for profit setting- in which being
efficient, developing referrals to practice, doing good clinical
work and establishing positive therapeutic relationships.
- Experience dealing with medical issues including hormone
imbalance and deficiencies as well as understanding the role they
play in contributing to and/or complicating mental illness.
- Experience treating patients with interventions other than
psychotropic medications including psychotherapy and evidence-based
- Time management, organization and computer skills and ability
to work independently and within a team are critical.
- Empathy, emotional stability, ability to relate well to others,
good communications skills and above all genuine care and regard
for the patient are required.
- Willingness to learn to use brain imaging in clinical practice.
We will train you on the applications of brain SPECT imaging in
psychiatry and how to utilize this data in patient
- Dedication to helping individuals, families and systems (such
as schools, businesses, and treatment facilities) reach their full
potential by creating and developing "brain healthy" strategies and
- Interacts frequently with patients, clinic personnel and
outside referral sources personnel by telephone, correspondence and
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Sitting for long period of time
- Frequent typing and viewing of computer screen
- Frequent use of hand and fingers with machines, such as
computer, copier, fax machine, scanner and telephone
- Frequent hearing, listening and speaking by telephone and in
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and
arms, stoop or bend
The work environment described here are representative of those
that an employee encounters white performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Work indoors in temperature-controlled environment
- The noise level is usually moderate with occasional outbursts
from patients during treatment
Keywords: Amen Clinics, Inc., San Francisco , Psychiatrist, Healthcare , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!