Senior Manager Trade Show and Events
Company: ZEISS Meditec Production
Posted on: November 11, 2019
SENIOR MANAGER TRADE SHOW AND EVENTS
DUBLIN, CA, USA
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of
what is possible. That s just what our employees are doing every
single day in order to set the pace through our innovations and
enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful
company are many great fascinating people.
The Sr Marketing Manager - Marcom & TS&E is responsible for
managing the trade show specialists for Ophthalmic Systems and
Microsurgery to support the trade show schedule and budget. The
exhibit schedule includes over 20 National and 300 Regional Trade
Shows annually, as well as 1-2 international exhibits generally
based in Asia. The annual exhibit schedule for the MS market
includes over 20 National and 70 regional shows and workshops.
Events include the creation and execution of customer events, sales
training meetings, customer training meetings, product road shows,
and annual sales meetings with attendees up to 250 participants
with comprehensive agendas.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE KEEN TO TRY SOMETHING NEW:
* Works closely with Marketing Product Managers and Sales teams to
translate strategic objectives into market-specific go-to-market
programs. (integrated programs, direct mail, website presence,
* Lead the generation of content that engages audience segments and
leads to measurable action. Develops and executes compelling
client-facing collateral such as brochures, case studies,
advertisement, web site content and white papers.
* Acting as the project owner, assist in managing program budgets
ensuring projects are completed within assigned budget targets.
Make budgetary decisions that result in trade shows/events
achieving sales and marketing objectives while achieving budgetary
objectives. Budget responsibility set annual budget by trade
show/event, provide expense analysis by show and by market, process
necessary support documentation: estimates, Pos, invoices, new
vendor add forms, estimates, and contracts. Vendor performance
analysis to contract high volume of related paperwork.
* Lead/demand generation campaigns (acquisition, retention,
cross-sell, up-sell) and integrated marketing programs in a matrix
organization targeting customers and prospects. Constantly explore,
recommend, use and optimize communication methods, vehicles and
technologies to engage with various audiences, particularly as part
of fully integrated demand generation campaigns.
* Supports internal and external webinars.
* Provides market expertise and tactical support to product
marketing team to ensure strategic messaging is effective, and
consistent with product and company brands.
* Drives key analyses for marketing programs/promotions and
* Lead strategic planning meetings with global steering committee
and lead planning meetings with international marketing teams.
* Make decisions regarding vendors to ensure highest level of
performance and excellent deliverables to CZMI while negotiating
the best pricing.
* Structure team to maximize the work schedule (volume of trade
shows) while maintaining the travel expenses to budget.
* Manager must provide analysis of costs in all areas of related
expenses (ie audio visual, graphics, install/dismantle, electrical,
shipping, drayage and identify methods of process improvement,
efficiencies, cost reduction.
* Trade Show/Event Planning Conduct related planning meetings and
develop consistent process and tools among all specialists and
between OS and MS to achieve highest level efficiencies in trade
show planning, event planning, scheduling, reporting, booth design,
and booth property management.
* Develop and Implement TS Promotions work with sales and marketing
to develop appropriate promotional tools for national level trade
shows which are consistent and effectively support the company s
messaging and product campaigns, drive customers to booth, and
increase sales results.
* Create Customer Events and Sales Meetings create agendas and
identify event locations that support marketing and sales
objectives for the event/meeting. Identify and retain all necessary
vendors for such events/meetings. Creative execution, preplanning,
onsite event management, hotel management, Food and Beverage
management, AV management experience and responsibility
* Bachelor degree required.
* 5-10 years Marketing Communications Experience- 5 years minimum
Trade Show experience with large trade shows and sales
meetings/customer events required.
* 3-5+ years of previous personnel management experience
* International Trade Show experience
* Experience with Medical companies preferred, experience with
multidivisional/multinational company preferred
* Strong verbal and written communication skills for successful
communication between all levels of management, within the company
and external communication.
* High level of professionalism and awareness of cultural
* Ability to maintain a proactive and calm/problem solving approach
under strong pressure including ability to meet numerous
* Certified Meeting/Events Planner or equivalent
* Has a track record of driving measurable and meaningful business
* Possesses excellent communications and presentation skills.
* Can respond quickly to changed direction and meet aggressive
* Excellent project management skills and budget management
* Previous experience with consensus building among key
stakeholders is necessary.
* Capable of organizing individual and group workflow to ensure
deadlines are met and projects are brought in on budget.
* Experience with Sales and Marketing processes and systems (e.g.,
CRM, Marketo) required
* Advise internal partners on communication strategy.
* Develop and execute creative communication plans.
* Experience delivering outbound marketing campaigns with emphasis
on lead-focused marketing outreach such as trade shows, web
activities, direct mail, desirable
* 3 years of experience advising clients on communication requests,
including senior-level executives, Ad agency/digital marketing work
* Experience in medical device or pharmaceutical industry
* Clinical/technical understanding of medical device/technology
* Plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an
organized fashion In a spacious modern setting full of
opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a
place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of
this is supported by a special ownership structure and the
long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and
society into the future together.
JOIN US TODAY. INSPIRE PEOPLE TOMORROW.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes. We are an
Keywords: ZEISS Meditec Production, San Francisco , Senior Manager Trade Show and Events, Executive , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!