Manager, Software Engineering
Location: San Carlos
Posted on: October 13, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY?The Manager, Software Engineering leads project
development in cloud-based Constellation software as well as our
internal Laboratory Management System. This role includes
leadership and mentorship of a distributed engineering team,
high-level architecture design, project management and professional
communication responsibilities on high impact, high visibility
- Provide technical leadership to software development engineers,
both onsite and remote, to ensure software development efforts meet
- Act as project manager for large software development projects:
- Identify project objectives, the scope of software
deliverables, external dependencies, resources, and framework for
the project activities.
- Oversee collaboration among cross-functional project teams of
developers, software quality engineers, and product managers.
- Mediate conflicts, evaluate project performance, bring the
project to a close, and capture the lessons learned.
- Lead the technical design, architecture, and implementation
strategy development, assure the use of the best engineering
- Provide feedback to management and promote changes to optimize
software development processes with a focus on quality, innovation,
and efficient product delivery
- Guide the career development of team members, including both
technical and interpersonal skills necessary for being effective
and successful in a professional software engineering
- Provide systematic and direct individual performance feedback
focused on recognition of achievement and opportunities for
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with
internal and external stakeholders.?QUALIFICATIONS
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science.
- 2+ years of proven track record of building and managing ? high
performing engineering team
- 5+ years of experience in software development using Java.
- Experience leading remote teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- A passion for people management and mentorship.KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Highly motivated, passionate leader with a successful track
record of managing ? highly efficient engineering team
- Strong experience mentoring developers, seeking out
opportunities and providing guidance for subordinates to grow and
excel at their work.
- Proven track record of excellent project management skills
- Experience in building enterprise applications using Java.
- Experience building highly scalable distributed systems.
- Strong hands-on coding, design, architectural skills
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and communicate
effectively at all levels
- Demonstrate initiative with a proactive approach to addressing
issues and finding creative solutions;
- Must demonstrate a strong work ethic, work well under pressure
and stressful circumstances.
- Experience in creating software for processing Next Generation
Sequencing data is a nice-to-have.
- Experience developing software in a regulated environment is a
nice-to-have.??PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Duties are typically performed in an office setting.
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard,
communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours
(evenings and weekends) at times.?TRAVEL REQUIRED FOR THIS
- NoOUR OPPORTUNITY?Driven by the passion for elevating the
science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to
helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a
rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics
and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology
has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing
space and we are actively researching its applications in the
liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology
applications.The Natera team consists of highly dedicated
statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists,
business professionals, software engineers and many other
professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for
our work and each other. When you join Natera, you?ll work hard and
grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you?ll
be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a
company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease
management.?WHAT WE OFFERCompetitive Benefits. ?Healthy catered
lunches, Premium snacks and beverages, Onsite gym with cardio and
weight-training equipment, Game room with satellite TV, Onsite dry
cleaning and alteration service with pick-up and delivery,
Employee-organized sport leagues, Happy hours and BBQs, Generous
Employee Referral program.?For more information,
visit?www.natera.com.?Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive
workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds,
experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration
benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is
critical to our mission of changing the management of disease
worldwide.All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and
will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally
protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless
of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.?
Keywords: Natera, San Francisco , Manager, Software Engineering, Executive , San Carlos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!