Chief Financial Officer
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: October 14, 2019
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
Pacific Partners Management Services (PPMSI) is a managed services
organization formed in 1997 with administrative offices located in
Foster City, CA. We provide services to IPAs in the Santa Clara and
Monterey Bay areas. Our managed care and ACO services support
approximately 1,600 independent physicians and include executive
management, full financial services, utilization management,
quality improvement, credentialing, contracting, claims processing
and provider and member network services.--PPMSI is part of HCA
Physician Services Group (PSG), the physician and practice
management solution for the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA).
PSG operates more than 1000 practices, Urgent Care Facilities, and
partners with HCA---s 175+ hospitals to structure employed provider
programs, professional service agreements, and joint ventures that
offer the communities we serve high quality, cost effective care.
We manage a collection of highly motivated and innovative leaders
who are committed to excellence in every aspect of their career. We
offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth
opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with
the nation---s largest private provider of healthcare services.We
offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
As a Senior leader collaboration is essential to what we do. The
Chief Financial Officer is a key collaborator with the executive
team, particularly the CEO. You will help to establish the vision,
strategic initiatives and help to develop them. You will be
responsible for the overall financial integrity of the
organization. This position ensures that all financial systems are
maintained in a manner that adheres to GAAP and regulatory
standards. You will also work in conjunction with all departments
to establish internal controls to safeguard the assets of the
entity. As an ideal candidate, you will have a background working
in a leadership capacity within an IPA or Health Plan.
Operationally, you will have a working knowledge of Managed
Services Organization (MSO) operations to understand and ensure
that processes are accurately reflected and our financial
statements are compliant from regulatory perspectives.--Come join
our growing team of dedicated professionals that are committed to
delivering the best patient care in the world. Intrigued? We'd love
to hear from you!--
Additional duties include:--
- Develop three to five year financial plan.
- Build and manage a financial services organization to support
PPMSI MSO, all PPMSI clients, and PPMG activities.
- Present financial reports to the Boards of Directors of all
- Assist the executive team with financial development of new
healthcare business ventures.
- Oversee financial implications of expanding business
- Maintain all books and records as required by the Knox-Keene
Act and GAAP.
- Prepare and file all required financial reports with the
Department of Managed Healthcare (DMHC) and other state and federal
regulatory bodies. Ensure that all income tax returns are filed
accurately, in a timely manner.
- Ensure all required insurance coverages are maintained.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a strategic financial plan to
ensure the financial integrity of the organization and maintenance
of required levels of tangible net equity (TNE) for PPMSI
- Monitor accounting, financial reporting and budgetary
activities of all entities and report on the financial status of
each organization---s operations.
- Provide a wide range of advice and expertise regarding
financial and operational matters.
- Assist all departments with budget development and work closely
with each department to ensure that they function within their
- Establish a compensation structure for network providers to
include capitation rates for primary care providers, ancillary
providers and hospitals.
- Assists in health plan contracting to ensure successful risk
- Ensure that all negotiated global capitation rates are
sufficient to cover comprehensive services for enrollees.
- Ensure that all physician incentives comply with HCFA physician
incentive plan regulations. Calculate and oversee payment of all
annual and semi-annual physician bonuses for PPMSI clients
- Develop IBNR formulas for risk analysis.
- Oversee all banking transactions, including approval of check
- Responsible for the maintenance of all shareholder records for
all PPMSI clients.
- Responsible for coordination and/or implementation of annual
year-end financial and 401k audits and all other regulatory
audits.Qualifications --Knowledge, skills & abilities:--
- Demonstrated knowledge of California Department of Managed
Healthcare regulations and reporting requirements, and other health
care regulatory agencies.
- Experience in a new business start-up environment a plus.
- Possesses an executive demeanor and the ability to deal with
senior managers in hospitals, the payor community, and
- Possesses strong qualitative, analytical and financial
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to deliver at
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting is required.
- MBA or CPA is strongly preferred.Experience:--
- 3-5 years management experience.
- 5-10 years experience in health care.
- Experience in a health plan with managing risk is highly
preferred.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, San Francisco , Chief Financial Officer, Executive , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!