Engineering Manager - Payments
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: September 15, 2019
About Bill.comBill.com is a leader in financial process automation
for small businesses and mid-size companies. Making it simple to
connect and do business, the Bill.com Back Office Cloud digitizes,
automates and simplifies legacy payment and financial processes.
With an integrated, end-to-end platform, Bill.com leverages
artificial intelligence to reduce manual work, and provides a cloud
workspace to help run your business anytime, anywhere. The company
partners with four of the largest U.S. financial institutions, more
than 70 of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms, and major accounting
software providers. Bill.com manages more than $70B in annual
payment volume across ACH, virtual cards, checks, and international
payments. The company has offices in Palo Alto, California and
Houston, Texas. For more information, visitwww.bill.com or follow
@billcom.MissionReporting to the Director of Engineering for
Payments, you will provide technical and managerial leadership to
one of three engineering teams that are responsible for our core
payments engine, international payments capabilities, card payments
and new payment technologiesKey Responsibilities
- Key Responsibilities
- Lead a team of 4-8 engineers responsible for payment
- Deliver new end-to-end capabilities that consist of
customer-facing UI and underlying platform services.
- Work with architects, product managers and other engineering
managers to deliver capabilities on a monthly sprint cadence.
- Develop your engineers through coaching, mentoring and
- Work with Talent Acquisition to hire engineers and interns as
you scale the team. Participate in university recruiting and other
- Maintain high standards for operational excellence and
engineering rigor through unit tests, functional tests and
- Serve as the scrum master for your team's deliverables and take
ownership from design through development and production
- Review plans and code and provide technical guidance to your
- Present plans, progress and outcomes at monthly reviews and
- BS Computer Science or Engineering.
- 8 years overall experience with at least 2 years in a
management role and previous experience as a software
- Experience leading teams with 5+ engineers in a SaaS
- Track record for delivering product features and services with
high quality with multiple production deliveries per month.
- Experience working with development, QA, program management and
product management in an agile scrum model.
- Experience with payment technologies, such as card processing,
wire transfers, electronic bank payments, or cross-border payments
in local currencies.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, and confidence
presenting in group settings.
- Experience in FinTech or B2B is a plus but not
- 90 Days
- Learn the Bill.com product and business domain.
- Learn the current technology direction and platform
infrastructure. Work with the team to understand our existing
framework, stack and API's.
- Assume scrum-master responsibilities for your team's
deliverables. Work across Engineering to ensure successful
deliveries to production.
- Cultivate an active hiring pipeline and hire your first
- 1 Year
- Develop a technology infrastructure roadmap (to support
business objectives) that modernizes our tech stack and provides
scale, performance and opportunities for our engineers to do the
best work of their lives.
- Actively partner with product management and engineering
leaders to influence feature definition and implementation -
contribute to discussions on trade-offs and scoping
- Technology driven innovation - provide innovative solutions to
business problems.Bill.com Culture:--- Humble - No ego--- Fun -
Celebrate the moments--- Authentic - We are who we are---
Passionate - Love what you do --- Dedicated - To each other and the
Keywords: Bill.Com, San Francisco , Engineering Manager - Payments, Executive , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!