Technical Project Manager
Posted on: August 24, 2019
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the
Proofpoint is seeking a proactive, organized and experienced
individual with excellent customer service and project
administration skills to join the Professional Services team. Your
role will include planning and managing small-to-midrange
multi-product customer deployments. You will be responsible for
setting customer expectations, tracking action items for both
Professional Services and customers, facilitating communications,
and planning and driving multiple customer projects to successful
- Engage with new and existing enterprise customers in a
technical project administration capacity.
- Create project implementation materials, such as kick off
decks, file transfer locations, project distribution lists, and
project plans, as necessary.
- Ensure project tracking by customer remains coordinated,
consistent and up-to-date. Update and close projects, provide
reporting on a timely basis.
- Track and manage project dependencies, work progress, and
- Serve as a point-of-contact role for customer contact.
- Assist with scheduling and coordinating resources to ensure
customer projects have no delays in implementation.
- Provide 2x monthly status reports to appropriate internal
stakeholders, providing progress tracking and next steps.
- Ensure plan objectives and milestones are clearly defined.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensure that
processes are being followed.
- Work collaboratively with other departments, including sales,
support, engineering, and product management, to ensure successful
completion of customer engagements.
- Serve as the customer advocate to Proofpoint departments during
the engagement process.
- Facilitate customer escalations with internal Proofpoint
Professional Services teams.
- Collaborate with all members of the Professional Services team
as well as other departments in refining and expanding Professional
Services best practices and processes, especially in the area of
What you bring to the team
- 2+ years industry experience in a customer-facing field with an
excellent customer service record.
- Experience with managing multiple targets or goals in a
- Broad technical interest or experience of Internet products and
- A deep desire to grow technical, professional and project
management skill sets.
- Strong organizational skills, including time management, use of
Microsoft Office tools, ability to be directive with internal and
external customers, and excellent documentation abilities.
- Ability to work effectively at many levels within an
organization, through director level, and achieve excellent
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic
over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Keywords: Proofpoint, San Francisco , Technical Project Manager, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!