Sr. Product Manager
Company: Apex Life Sciences
Location: San Carlos
Posted on: August 17, 2019
The Senior Product Manager leads the development and
commercialization of future versions of on-market or new product
lines including new features and service components of products.
This person supports the vision and strategic product roadmap for
certain products with the goal of extending its leading market
share and value proposition. The Senior PM is responsible for the
entire product lifecycle from concept to obsolescence, evaluation,
and prioritization of new features and programs, a creation of
product requirements and monitoring product performance in the
field. The role combines strategic thinking with execution and will
require a strong cross-functional leader and influencer. PRIMARY
- Develop and execute the product roadmap.
- Deliver product requirements based on customer needs and
- Manage product performance and field all product support needs,
working across departments, including Product Management, Molecular
Biology R&D, Statistics R&D, Software Engineering, Sales &
Marketing, Clinical/Medical, Operations, Regulatory, and Business
- Develop quantitative product performance indicators, analyze
and track performance data, and identify strategies for improvement
- Identify business opportunities and create business cases and
- Conduct VOC interviews, market research, and competitive
analysis as a means to test and validate product features, improve
customer satisfaction and support market growth.
- Support product marketing in the definition of product
positioning - from market launch plans, pricing, and delivering key
collateral content to marketing communications.
- Create written, data-based arguments and presentations to
achieve buy-in from stakeholders
- Provide internal and external stakeholders with the appropriate
updates on progress, vision, product roadmap, etc. QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in physical or life
science, statistics, engineering discipline, or equivalent.
Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience, which includes 4-5 years of
product management, product/solution marketing, product
commercialization, or strategic consulting experience.
- Experience with Prenatal products/education, medical devices,
or diagnostics preferred.
- Expertise and experience in the Life Sciences industry
preferred. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to lead and motivate a cross-functional team
- Ability to understand technology and articulate customer
- Basic financial/economic modeling skills
- Proven excellence in both written and oral communications
- Ability to collaborate and interact effectively with
individuals, and influence individuals across functional areas and
in team environments.
- Proven organizational skills and extraordinary attention to
detail, with an ability to manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated experience influencing larger groups and leading a
team in a successful project.
- Will consider scientific or technical project leads for
candidates coming from research and development roles. PHYSICAL
DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Duties are typically performed in an office setting. This
position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard,
communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours
(evenings and weekends) at times.
Keywords: Apex Life Sciences, San Francisco , Sr. Product Manager, Executive , San Carlos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!