Senior Tax Manager
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Senior Tax Manager
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies,
growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That s why we're
always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can
help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data
centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are
home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services
companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and
development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific
areas of software development, software and network architecture,
network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more
reliably. We hire talented people who enjoy solving hard problems
and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches,
and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our
success and it s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create
The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put
the customer at the center of everything we do.
The purpose of this position is to be a member of the Equinix
Global Tax Accounting and Compliance Team with a primary focus on
American income tax compliance and tax accounting.
* Handle US and Canada income tax compliance and payment processes
to ensure timely submission of accurate income tax returns and tax
* Lead income tax accounting processes under US GAAP for the SEC
reporting with regard for the Americas region including US, Canada,
Brazil and Colombia.
* Conduct various tax research projects related to US and Canada
and analyze the income tax implications of any new tax legislations
* Maintain our global tax fixed asset register in compliance with
US tax purposes
* Assist leadership with tax planning and strategies implementation
in the Americas
* Assist with tax controversy related to the Americas region.
* Accountable for the performance and results of direct reports
* Responsible for leading all aspects of the income tax compliance
of the Americas
* You will coordinate the appropriate preparation processes, review
and timely submission of US and Canadian income tax returns,
including federal, state and international tax reporting.
* Handle the income tax payments and cash tax forecast in the
* Responsible for determining the quarterly and annual tax
provision of the American region under US GAAP.
* You will supervisory responsibilities over and maintain global
tax fixed asset register for US tax purposes.
* Work with controllership teams to ensure all income tax related
accruals and transactions are booked accurately in each
* Develop and manage relationships with business partners.
* Collaborate with FP&A group to review American forecast.
* Conduct research and prepare memorandums related to tax issues
from a US tax perspective.
* Continue to develop technical expertise and stay current on tax
* Assist with the tax controversy group related to income tax
audits in the Americas, discuss technical issues with the auditors
and negotiate audit settlement.
* Provide technical mentorship and trainings to the manager and
senior tax analysts
* Provide leadership and career path directions to direct and
* 7 years plus working experience with BIG 4 and/or corporate tax
* BA/BS in Accounting or Finance. Master of Taxation preferred.
* CPA/Chartered Accountant is preferred
* Strong experience in US corporate income tax return compliance
* Extensive experience in US international tax reporting (5471,
8858, 8865, Sec. 987, Sec. 988, GILTI and BEAT) preferred.
* Sufficient knowledge of US income tax laws and regulations
related to multi-national corporations.
* Demonstrated technical strength and knowledge related to income
tax accounting and income tax reporting.
* Self-starter with strong accounting, analytical, time management
and project management skills
* Ability to recognize, understand, and analyze complex issues with
excellent communication and writing skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate
effectively with all levels of management in an organization.
* Must be well-organized, hands-on, detail-oriented and able to
work independently and as part of a team.
* Proficient computer skills including strong working knowledge of
Excel, PowerPoint, ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Hyperion).
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: Equinix, San Francisco , Senior Tax Manager, Executive , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!