Product Manager - Safety and Insurance Data Products
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: August 17, 2019
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We
take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners,
and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to
help build a future where everyone and everything can move
independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and
collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world
About the Role
This PM will lead the strategy, execution, and development of these
data products working closely with our Data Science, Analytics,
Operations, and Engineering teams.
The areas which will be covered under this role will include any
core product requirements, strategy, and development work for:
- Safety & Insurance Data
- Build a platform to ingest, enrich and aggregate safety data
for all Uber products including rides, eats, bikes & scooters, high
capacity vehicles, freight and beyond.
- Build an audit platform to enable real-time audit of safety
decisions made by machine learning systems and agents.
- Create products to monitor, alert and diagnose S&I ML
- Product Analytics
- Build a product versioning and experimentation framework to
measure the impact of new product roll out with version history and
automated experimentation analytics. (Ex: funnel analysis, growth
analysis similar to Marketplace.)
- Deliver Data on funnel and growth of newly launched products
from both safety and insurance teams
- Drive standardization on mobile events and how that integrates
with the consistent product analytics strategy.
What You'll Do
- Gather requirements and manage resource allocation for key
cross-team products that manage the lifecycle of data across Safety
- Drive execution working closely with data science, analytics,
engineering, and operations to ensure a robust data platform.
- Stakeholder engagement, including prioritizing data products
and roadmap as well as developing high quality data documentation,
standardize access management, identifying and managing users and
access, and communicating product changes.
- Customer-centricity - you have many examples from your past of
tough product issues that you persevered through to ensure customer
- Managing product and business programs across a large
organization and a track record of shipping complex enterprise
grade products at scale.
What You'll Need
- Technical proficiency: We don't need you to code, but you
should be able to understand it and be able to communicate what's
needed to our engineering team.
- General understanding of big data ecosystem (HDFS, Hive, Kafka,
Spark, Presto, data warehousing solutions, in-memory databases,
data modeling, ETL and Visualization) and proven experience
creating products utilizing big data.
- High level understanding of data modeling, data infrastructure,
statistics and machine learning
- A computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent OR
hands-on software engineering experience is preferred.
- At least 2 years experience leading product teams that
delivered solutions/products related to data infrastructure at
- A personality that encourages action, great collaboration and
excellent simplification for communication.
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and address
About the Team
Data volumes at Uber are growing exponentially. Uber's business
relies heavily on these rich datasets to gain deep insights and to
make real-time business decisions. Analytics at Uber power critical
applications like dynamic pricing, UberEATS delivery estimates,
fraud detection, maps creation, driver activation, and many others.
Data is critical to success of multiple products within Safety &
Insurance. There is a need to build data infrastructure to capture,
aggregate, store, audit, and enrich safety and insurance data.
Keywords: Uber, San Francisco , Product Manager - Safety and Insurance Data Products, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!