Director, Global Medical Information
Company: Jazz Pharmaceuticals
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: June 16, 2019
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company
focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and
commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical
needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio
and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that
can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and
hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding
of the patient journey and a suite of products and product
candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team.
If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering
commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to
work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know
Director Global Medical Information
The Director of Global Medical Information will function as the
Head of Global Medical Information and set the strategic vision of
the Medical Information team at Jazz Pharmaceuticals. He/she will
be responsible for providing leadership and direction to the
Medical Information Team as well as the daily operations for
responding to medical inquiries. The Director Medical Information
will ensure that the Medical Information team provides complete,
accurate and unbiased information to internal and external
customers. The Director Medical Information will also provide
leadership and direction for the medical expertise of the
Promotional Review Committee. The position will report to the Vice
President Global Scientific Affairs.
* Responsible for the strategic oversight and management of the
Global Medical Information Team and the medical information call
* Develop and maintain appropriate metrics for effectively
monitoring quality and timeliness of all medical information
* Continue to expand the insights generation capability within
* Improve and develop rigorous, succinct and compliant medical
information processes and ensure adherence to such processes.
* Oversee submission to various compendia.
* Develop/implement appropriate policies, SOPs, business practices,
work instructions; develop strategic initiatives to improve
efficiencies and quality output
* Oversee the global use, archiving and dissemination of medical
* Serve as a scientific resource and educator for Jazz
* Support the development of medical communications pertaining to
relevant scientific data.
* Understand and implement industry leading technology solutions
and multi-channel methods of communications with HCPs and
* Support the development and execution of the medical affairs
plan, with particular emphasis on Medical information.
* Contribute to the development, review, and approval of medical
information responses and promotional materials.
* Manage the Medical Information budget.
* Support the development and training of direct reports; hire and
train new staff.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
* Ten to fifteen years pharmaceutical industry
* 5-10 years of Medical Information experience required
* Advanced clinical degree required. (PhD, PharmD, or MD
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Excellent communications skills and presentation
* Ability to collaborate with internal colleagues in clinical,
regulatory, drug safety, and medical affairs, and other departments
* Ability to inspire a team to excel and foster a positive
environment encouraging personal accountability and excitement for
the work the team does
* Ability to work on multidisciplinary teams
* Experience with implementing innovative technology solutions and
multi-channel communications (e.g. medical information
* In-depth knowledge of Medical Information Industry guidelines and
* Current working knowledge the legal, regulatory and compliance
regulations and guidelines
* Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced
* Strong strategic planning, communication and organizational
* Excellent written and communication skills.
* Ability to think broadly about medical information and the
needs/impact of these medical communications to healthcare
* Proficiency with computer programs such as MS Word, Excel, and
* Travel will vary, plan on 10-20%.
Description of Physical Demands
* Occasional mobility within office environment.
* Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
* Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other
similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
* Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to
excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature
* Frequent computer use at workstation.
* May move from one work location to another occasionally.
* Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include
working outside of "normal" work hours, in order to meet business
* Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Jazz Pharmaceuticals, San Francisco , Director, Global Medical Information, Executive , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!