Multifamily Project Manager - Ground-Up Type-III & V Podiums
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Multifamily Project Manager - Ground-Up Type-III & V Podiums
Based out of Richmond, CA, we are a Multifamily and Commercial
focused developer/builder who specializes in Multi Family Projects,
Distressed Condo/Residential Take Overs, Mixed Use Projects, Office
Buildings, Retail TI Build Outs, and Seismic Refurbishments. We
were established in 2003 based on the knowledge its Owners gained
from their 75-years of combined construction experience and more
than 21,000,000 SF of collective project experience with a value in
excess of 1.7 billion dollars.
We are customer driven; providing general contracting, design build
& design assist services and development management on behalf of
its private sector commercial customers. These customers include
Development and Property Management firms, Pension Fund Advisory
Companies that specialize in real estate and in recent years, we
have applied its unique expertise in helping Banks and Receivers to
complete, reposition and sell their distressed assets.
Our success continues to evolve with its growing list of new and
repeat clientele fueled by its core dedication to performing well
beyond customer expectations through effort, engineering expertise
and intelligence. The company is based from two offices; one in
Northern California and one in Southern California.
What You Will Be Doing
This position is responsible for completing assigned projects
according to schedule, within quality standards and proposed net
margin projections while maintaining good customer relations. The
incumbent must effectively manage, motivate and develop subordinate
associate project managers and master sales presentation and
negotiation skills. The incumbent has knowledge of all phases of
design and construction, coordinates the development of overall
project strategy with the team and maintains proper documentation
of project-related activities. The incumbent must develop and
maintain effective working relationships with personnel.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Identifies, pursues and negotiates sales on assigned
- Develops and maintains contacts with potential clients and makes
- Discriminates between high and low probability sales efforts and
prioritizes sales efforts for complex and noncomplex projects.
- Works with reinforcement from supervisor on sales of large or
- Prepares conceptual and detailed estimates. Reviews estimates
over authority guideline limits with supervisor.
- Prepares and writes proposals, signs proposals and presents to
client according to company policy.
- Follows-up on proposals to close sale and secure client decision
2. Manages design aspects of assigned projects with the goal of
ensuring that budget, schedule, quality and customer satisfaction
goals are met.
- Prepares various project specifications.
- Manages the preparation of construction drawings for assigned
- Participates in obtaining local municipality approvals for
projects and coordinates with clients during design stage.
- Manages the budgeting and cost control of A/E activities.
3. Manages construction and close-out on assigned projects with the
goal of ensuring that budget, schedule and customer satisfaction
goals are met.
- Negotiates, writes and signs subcontracts and maintains effective
- Develops, coordinates and manages project planning and
- Negotiates contract changes with clients.
- Prepares change orders for subcontractors and clients.
- Expedites subcontractors and suppliers to ensure project
- Projects final net margins and reviews net margins on own and
subordinates' projects monthly or as required.
- Prepares written reports of margin projections and deviation
explanations for supervisor and provides monthly verbal
- Prepares client requests for payment, approves invoices and
collects invoiced monies.
- Monitors, reviews and controls project costs to ensure project
completion on schedule, within budget and in accordance with
quality goals established for the project.
- Completes and resolves punch list items, and executes the project
4. May supervise a team of Associate Project Managers.
- Administers company policy and assists Associate Project
- Manages sales and contract negotiations, prioritizes sales
efforts and attends sales meetings with customers on projects
handled by subordinates.
- Countersigns proposals, change orders and invoices to owners, and
design agreements of subordinates.
- Reviews selected subordinate correspondence, invoices and net
margins and deviations on subordinates' projects.
- Oversees and counsels Associate Project Managers.
- Assists in counseling Associate Project Managers to promote their
- Reviews and communicates job performance of Associate Project
- Recommends salary change and promotions for Associate Project
Managers to supervisor for approval.
5. Enhances company posture on Equal Employment Opportunity by
making a good faith effort to recruit, select, develop and retain
protested class employees.
6. Develops and maintains productive working relationships with
team and company personnel.
7. Works on non-project assignments that are related to particular
background and capabilities.
8. Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering,
Architecture, Construction Management or related area
- Minimum of five years' experience in the construction industry
required, with the majority of that time spent in project
management on commercial or industrial building projects.
- Design-Build and jobsite experience is preferred.
- Professional engineering or architectural registration is
- Also requires a thorough knowledge of major aspects in the
process of designing and building projects and the ability to work
productively with others.
- The incumbent must be adept at problem solving, communicating,
working efficiently and independently, leading, handling stress,
supervising and motivating others, sales and constructively
Skills and qualifications:
- Strong organizational skills
- Superior analytical aptitude
- Strong communication skills, both writing and oral, and able to
communicate to a wide variety of people
- Self-starting and driven
- Must be honest and prepared to work in a team environment
- Proficient in MS Suite, specifically MS Word and MS Excel
- Ability to lift, push and pull a minimum of 20 lbs
- Flexibility in days and hours worked
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of
- Fluency in English both verbally and non-verbally
- Computer literacy
- Valid Driver's License
What's In It for You
We are willing to offer excellent compensation projects
- Competitive base salary (DOE)
- Strong bonus structure
- Gas and Cell Allowance
- PTO & Sick Leave
- 401(k) retirement plan
- And more...
So, if you are a Multifamily Project Manager - Ground-Up Type-III &
V Podiums with experience, please apply today!
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Your Right to Work In compliance with federal law, all persons
hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work
in the United States and to complete the required employment
eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Keywords: CyberCoders, San Francisco , Multifamily Project Manager - Ground-Up Type-III & V Podiums, Executive , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!